Anyone know this guy on ebay? Re: Butters Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know this guy on ebay? Re: Butters Cues

Just wondered if anyone knows this guy on ebay. Only reason I ask is he is selling 2 James Butters Cues. His location is Dumfries so right area. No reason to believe they are not genuine but as James has so many unbadged cues out there its hard to be sure.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Made-...b2#ht_63wt_958
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

I think that joolsbrorunner is James Butters' own ebay account, could be wrong but I think that has been asked before.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I think that joolsbrorunner is James Butters' own ebay account, could be wrong but I think that has been asked before.
      I did wonder that Dean thanks. Can anyone confirm that?????
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Bloody great price for what looks like very nice cues .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Correct Dean. The story I heard a while back is that James Butters sells the cues he is not 100% happy with on e-bay without a badge. Friend of mine bought one a couple of years ago. Wasn't that great but could have been fixed up. He returned it and got his money back. Might be worth taking a punt and see what you get.

Comment

Yes that is James himself, I have bought 2 or 3 cues from him in the past

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye on his account.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Yes that is James himself, I have bought 2 or 3 cues from him in the past
                Where they any good?
                Not sure if this is true but I heard James was a policeman who plays snooker to a reasonable standard. Makes cues for a hobby.

Comment

I have recently been playing with an unbadged butters cue and it was a great looking and playing cue. And yes that is his ebay name. The guy is 100 % genuine.
                  Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

James has a couple of nice cues there in that picture, I have been watching his cues on ebay for a good while some go quite cheap because no name badge but quality looks good.

Comment

James Butters makes top class cues in my opinion, he is a retired policeman who only makes cue as a hobby. The lack of badges is simple he only got a few made by JP and has only one or two left. As he is not intending to expand in any way he is not getting more badges so the unbadged ones are not rejects in any way. I am happy if you do not buy any as I often end up with what he has not sold. Great cues for the money.

Comment

I was just going to say........ask Andy Gibbs, regarding these cues as I know he's had some off him.

They look good in all honesty.

Comment

Yes a remember andy Gibbs telling me James butters was a ex police man ho duss nice cues maybe andy could tell you more

Comment

Working...
                          X