Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally found another Sheridan Cue....'The One'???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
    nice one jim!
    Am I right in guessing that you are Nick Reaney?
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I have a 3/4 Sheridan with a brass badge .I cant tell from the e-bay j.pegs so I will ask ,Is the joint pin the same as Parris and early Craftsman & is the lighter band in the joint similar to nickel plate or stainless i.e. one black collar & one shiny collar ? Mine is 57" (inc tip ) 18oz, 9mm, jointed at 17" and balances at about 16 1/2" , plain ebony and ash and basically plays like a dream .Simple , elegant great playing cue , hope you enjoy yours.

Comment

Finally found another Sheridan Cue....'The One'???

The cue is still on its way to me so I haven't seen it in the flesh yet but am a little intrigued by the cue and its joint. My original cue was a one piece so I can't even go from memory I am afraid.

Pictures will follow later on this week
        Last edited by Stupree; 30 October 2013, 08:04 AM.
        On Cue Facebook Page
        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Very nice cues I've got one myself after spending so much time trying to find one they just seem to fit in the hand like a glove hope you find the same still looking for another tho the search continues lol

Comment

and of course - dont forget photos when you do get it
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by nikki+daveaddmanxpool View Post
              Very nice cues I've got one myself after spending so much time trying to find one they just seem to fit in the hand like a glove hope you find the same still looking for another tho the search continues lol
              Glad to know there are plenty of Sheridan owners out there enjoying their cues. I am still on the search for a one piece too
              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Well she arrived yesterday after after a little bit of love here she is.....

Last edited by Stupree; 1 November 2013, 11:27 AM.
                On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Specs are:

57.5" Long - 9.3mm Tip - 19oz - Jointed at 17" - 28mm Butt

I haven't been able to play a few frames with it yet as I dislocated and fractured my ankle several weeks ago and still not allowed to bear any weight on it yet but should get a new cast and the nod from the consultant next week.
                  On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

I hope it hits as good as it looks, lovely grain on the shaft :-)

Comment

Beautiful looking cue . The joint face on the extention i.e. stainless or nickel in appearance , is the same as the butt joint on my Sheridan . The butt joint ( 3/4 ) on yours looks to be brass , is this right ? , also the original e-bay listing was 8.5mm tip not 9.3mm .Have you had a result , in that the ferrule is bigger and therefore more snooker than pool spec ? Either way its a beautiful cue and I hope you get as much satisfaction playing with it as I do with mine. Considering Nicks cue making days were cut short , I often wonder just how many Sheridans there are out there , perhaps we should form a society , lol ?

Comment

Originally Posted by burwat292596 View Post
                        I hope it hits as good as it looks, lovely grain on the shaft :-)
                        Thank you. The shaft is nice and has some unique qualities to it, it is almost a great half way milestone between old style classic shafts and new style chevron biased shafts.

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                        Beautiful looking cue . The joint face on the extention i.e. stainless or nickel in appearance , is the same as the butt joint on my Sheridan . The butt joint ( 3/4 ) on yours looks to be brass , is this right ? , also the original e-bay listing was 8.5mm tip not 9.3mm .Have you had a result , in that the ferrule is bigger and therefore more snooker than pool spec ? Either way its a beautiful cue and I hope you get as much satisfaction playing with it as I do with mine. Considering Nicks cue making days were cut short , I often wonder just how many Sheridans there are out there , perhaps we should form a society , lol ?
                        Thanks again. The female joint collar on the butt is brass and stainless/nickel on the extension which teases my obsession for coordination but I can make allowances for this cue. Just a misread by the seller which does make it more desirable should it not work out on the table between us.

A Sheridan Owners Club would be great. We could have a show with awards.....in fact with just three of us here everyone could be a winner
                        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Well finally managed to put her through her paces this morning, a bit slow in trying her I know but I have had a few cues to try and to be honest I was probably stalling just in case she didn't live up to my hopes.

The verdict........she feels lovely, well balanced and very responsive giving me confidence on a range of shots around the table. I am absolutely delighted! She needs a little bit more love as the shaft could be smoother and some grain filler may be needed after all these years but I couldn't be happier right now.
                          On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Nothing beats a happy ending!

Comment

Working...
                            X