That horrible feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That horrible feeling...

Having always been lucky in all my purchases here and classified ads to date I have that horrible feeling that this time I may have come a cropper!

I agreed to buy a cue from a forum member and after a few emails last Tuesday evening (29/10/13) we agreed on a price and I arranged a bank transfer as he didn't use PayPal. Not ideal but not uncommon to pay straight in to an account either. The money did not arrive in his bank account until the following afternoon, which he confirmed by email stating he would get the cue sent that day or on Thursday morning.

Given that even the slowest postage method for a 3/4 cue should have seen it arrive yesterday and that he has not replied to any of my emails or PMs since last Wednesday I am starting to have some doubts.

I will not announce his username or any further details until Friday to give fair chance for the cue to arrive or for him to get in touch to tell me what the cause of the delay is.

Am I being unreasonable to have expected the cue by now?

If it's a no show what would be your next steps?
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Should have had a contact no muck , in all fairness 99 % of my dealings here were honest and the members were a pleasure to deal with . Perhaps the member has a genuine reason so it may be premature to judge . I hope and am sure it will turn out ok in the end , hope so .

Comment

I've always felt that the buying and selling of cues through a site like this is just asking for trouble. Legally you have no protection whatsover, you are basically going on blind trust, really the admins of the site should have produced some form of disclaimer to protect themselves that any purchases done through this site are at the owners risk. You really should stick to paypal because at least you have the option to open up a dispute if things go wrong. Doing a bank transfer is just like handing cash to a stranger from a cashpoint, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        Should have had a contact no muck , in all fairness 99 % of my dealings here were honest and the members were a pleasure to deal with . Perhaps the member has a genuine reason so it may be premature to judge . I hope and am sure it will turn out ok in the end , hope so .
        Cheers mate, I am really hoping that it is just nothing more than a delay which I can completely understand as these things happen. If that is the case an email or PM would be a nice touch.

Fingers crossed!
        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

I sent a cue a couple of weeks ago by City Link next day and it took a week to get there, I was in constant touch with the buyer who was very understanding and patient.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            I've always felt that the buying and selling of cues through a site like this is just asking for trouble. Legally you have no protection whatsover, you are basically going on blind trust, really the admins of the site should have produced some form of disclaimer to protect themselves that any purchases done through this site are at the owners risk. You really should stick to paypal because at least you have the option to open up a dispute if things go wrong. Doing a bank transfer is just like handing cash to a stranger from a cashpoint, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
            The day I lose faith and trust in people will be a sad day indeed, one I never want to see. Many things in life require a leap of faith and come with risks attached but we can't just stop interacting and trading.

I don't think anyone holds the forum accountable for any unsuccessful transaction between members and I am sure that lurking in the rules somewhere is such a disclaimer, perhaps it could be more easily accessible though.

Maybe the realisation that I have made is that I am thankful that so many honest and decent people do make up the community here, many of who have done the right thing and many have and do go above and beyond to help each other out.
            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
              I sent a cue a couple of weeks ago by City Link next day and it took a week to get there, I was in constant touch with the buyer who was very understanding and patient.
              Just keeping in touch makes a big difference Andy, glad it all worked out for you and the buyer
              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Hopefully just a genuine reason for lack of communication...

However... You have a bank A/C number and presumably sort code, so should be easy enough for authorities to check in to. Also, make sure you collate all correspondance.

Comment

Has the seller logged on here since you purchased the cue ?
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I recieved one yesterday posted on 16th,post office lost it.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Has the seller logged on here since you purchased the cue ?
                      Not since the 30th mate, I have done all the usual checks.
                      On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                        I recieved one yesterday posted on 16th,post office lost it.
                        To be fair Jim I am sure that you have managed to lose a cue or two in your house How is the collection?
                        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Fully understandable you have a bad feeling, did you not request a certain postage method so you knew when it was likely to arrive?
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                            Fully understandable you have a bad feeling, did you not request a certain postage method so you knew when it was likely to arrive?
                            No I didn't.........but I wasn't expecting this...

snail-mail_W0811_01-1.jpg
                            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

i have had 3 times somebody not send the cue i paid for - once i have managed to knock on the door and collect, he was extremely sorry!, the other two were lost.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X