No announcement yet.

That horrible feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only company ive never had a problem with is ups , bit more expensive i know but never let me down once .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      The only company ive never had a problem with is ups , bit more expensive i know but never let me down once .
      thye all let you down in the end if you post enough but agree ups one of the better ones.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
        To be fair Jim I am sure that you have managed to lose a cue or two in your house How is the collection?
        Still growing mate about 240-250 or so lol

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
          Hopefully just a genuine reason for lack of communication...

However... You have a bank A/C number and presumably sort code, so should be easy enough for authorities to check in to. Also, make sure you collate all correspondance.
          And what do you think the authorities will do exactly. What legal power do they have for a transaction that has no protection involved?
          As I said earlier, its a bit like handing a stranger money and then asking the police that you didn't want to give them that money and them trying to get it back. Legally you have no power, that is the mistake in doing a bank transfer this way with a complete stranger.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            And what do you think the authorities will do exactly. What legal power do they have for a transaction that has no protection involved?
            As I said earlier, its a bit like handing a stranger money and then asking the police that you didn't want to give them that money and them trying to get it back. Legally you have no power, that is the mistake in doing a bank transfer this way with a complete stranger.
            Because he'll have written correspondance, and proof that theft by deception has taken place.

Do you suggest he took it on the chin and accept the loss?

Handing money to a stranger does not offer any trail whatsoever.

Comment

Because he'll have written correspondance, and proof that theft by deception has taken place.

Do you suggest he took it on the chin and accept the loss?

Handing money to a stranger does not offer any trail whatsoever.
              sadly cueman is right - he has no legal rights here, the police will say it is a civil matter.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Yep, it is a civil matter although a 'deception' may have occurred. The police will do nothing at all.

As an optimist I like to think that a cue will arrive or an email with a somewhat believable excuse will make it's way to me. If not it may become a very uncivil matter!
                On Cue Facebook Page
                Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Did you buy it from a regular poster on the forum?? If so I would like to think everything will be ok, if from someone new then contact ferret, he may give you his email address or even his. home address ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Did you buy it from a regular poster on the forum?? If so I would like to think everything will be ok, if from someone new then contact ferret, he may give you his email address or even his. home address ??
                    No not a regular mate.

Got an email address, although how quick is it to set up an email address these days eh? I will get in touch with Ferret if still no change after Friday.
                    On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

I think Bank transfer is ok for people you trust, but not someone new, PayPal would be best for them, and not "gift"

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        I think Bank transfer is ok for people you trust, but not someone new, PayPal would be best for them, and not "gift"
                        Agreed, I took a risk that may end up costing me a bit of cash. Lesson learnt!
                        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          sadly cueman is right - he has no legal rights here, the police will say it is a civil matter.
                          Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                          Yep, it is a civil matter although a 'deception' may have occurred. The police will do nothing at all.

As an optimist I like to think that a cue will arrive or an email with a somewhat believable excuse will make it's way to me. If not it may become a very uncivil matter!
                          Ok, well, good luck to the OP.

Comment

Ok, well, good luck to the OP.
                            Thank you
                            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

I see no harm in saying who it is , at the end of the day you have not accused them of anything , youre just worried as they aint contacted you, so he/she should not take offence . Pheraps if you say who they are then someone here may know them personally and try and contact them on youre behalf .

Comment

Hi Stupree

I think I nearly purchased the cue you have been talking about because person was very anti setting up a paypal account it put me off to be honest so I decided not to go ahead with sale and became a bit pushy saying he was gonna put on ebay that evening if it didnt sell saying desperate for cash etc .....was his name Barry??

Comment

Working...
                                X