That horrible feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    indeed, i am banned from blackburn but not burnley!
    I'm local (ish) if you need a few scouse bodies, give me a shout!!! I just hate conmen with a passion.
    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

He sent me these pictures of the cue.

I am pretty sure he is a same guy,I had E-mail conversation as well, asking for bank transfer, on Tuesday 29/102013 at 4.30p.m. his E-mail address was Barry Wilkinson [barry0947@gmail.com]
      Last edited by Powerbus786; 7 November 2013, 05:21 AM.
      If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.

Comment

For the sake of all genuine members which is almost all of us its imperative we do as much as possible to help our mucka get his money back or his cue sent safely . Failing that i think it would be a lovely gesture if members that are willing to each donate a pound to help him recoup some of his money . Whats your thoughts muckas .

Comment

I don't see why you'd rip someone off using your bank details, hardly untraceable are they?!
          Googling the sort code would confirm if the location is right..
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            For the sake of all genuine members which is almost all of us its imperative we do as much as possible to help our mucka get his money back or his cue sent safely . Failing that i think it would be a lovely gesture if members that are willing to each donate a pound to help him recoup some of his money . Whats your thoughts muckas .
            Agree Neil.......I am on another Forum [ Not snooker related ] and one of the lads got ripped off by someone on the Isle of Man .

Apparently the look on his face was priceless when another member knocked on his front door
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yes it is the same chap out of order if hes done a runnner .......it didnt feel right for me thats why i pulled out of a deal to buy the cue......you wouldnt think that could happen on here but spose there is always a conman around the corner in all walks of life feel sorry for Stupree dont deserve that it did look a nice cue of Barry had it at all! Lets hope for some reason has just not been on the forum and there is a genuine problem which could be the case but things he was asking me seemed strange! he wanted £300 then when i said pay by paypal he said dont have an account just do a bank transfer said i dont have internet banking he emailed me back saying use WESTERN UNION THEY CHARGE £27 TO DO IT SO I WILL KNOCK THE PRICE DOWN TO £270 SO YOU CAN PAY THEM THE FEE! that seemed dodgy to me why would you drop your price like that when you can just open a paypal account for free and only lose 3.4 % of money received this is when i smelled a rat and thought i go back on ebay and purchase from there where i have had very smooth transaction and purchased a quality parris champion

Comment

Originally Posted by Powerbus786 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]14994[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14995[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14996[/ATTACH]

He sent me these pictures of the cue.

I am pretty sure he is a same guy,I had E-mail conversation as well, asking for bank transfer, on Tuesday 29/102013 at 4.30p.m. his E-mail address was Barry Wilkinson [barry0947@gmail.com]
                Well there's no ebay account registered under that email address, but if he was going to sell on ebay he would need a paypal account. It's a requirement now to accept that method.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                  Whilst its a nice offer and gesture I think what really needs to happen is safeguards put in place and some proper rules regarding the buying and selling of items through this site.

Its absolutely shocking that nothing is in place and I feared something like this was going to happen sooner or later.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFQ5hNI7R9o

Comment

good post cueman no safeguards in place i nearly did this myself just didnt feel right at the time......think you must pay by paypal as easy to set up and linked to your address, contact details etc.........having seen this story will never consider a bank transfer if i buy off here

Comment

I think the rules should state you must be an active member on here for over 3 months before you can trade. You need to get at least 100 posts in that time to be allowed priviledge of selling.

To sell you must register the e-mail address you use to sign into this site linked to your paypal account so that admins can trace you if you try and pull a fast one. When listing your cue you must provide a photo with your username clearly marked on the item you are selling so that you aren't just taking a photo off the net, it must not be photoshopped into the shot.
                        You have to name your price, no offers or PM's, the whole conversation must be listed on the page you are selling the item for proof.

Comment

sounds good to me cueman......i must admit i was a little surprised there was nothing in place on here unless i am missing something.......got to protect the buyer as well as the seller!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                            I think the rules should state you must be an active member on here for over 3 months before you can trade. You need to get at least 100 posts in that time to be allowed priviledge of selling.

To sell you must register the e-mail address you use to sign into this site linked to your paypal account so that admins can trace you if you try and pull a fast one. When listing your cue you must provide a photo with your username clearly marked on the item you are selling so that you aren't just taking a photo off the net, it must not be photoshopped into the shot.
                            You have to name your price, no offers or PM's, the whole conversation must be listed on the page you are selling the item for proof.
                            You have name your price?
                            Unlikely. Much better to hide the fact you're asking a huge premium on the price new when you do it by PMs isn't it...
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Old cue collector --
                            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hate to say this but it is not the sites fault - if you where to buy off Gumtree and someone requested this method of payment would you do it?

Sad part is one person might stop the sales of many genuine sellers and buyers if you did what cue man is suggesting and still there is nothing to stop anyone coming on an open forum and mentioning they have a cue for sale so I don't think it is workable but I am sure like someone suggested Paypal and not gift could be recommended for all sales - unless you are buying from someone reputable like a known cue maker or seller - it is worth paying extra for protection I think.

There is an element of trust involved in any online selling and using Paypal helps protect your rights but the occasional conman does creep in - unfortunately not everyone can spot them - If this guy is one of those and I hope for the buyers sake he is not then it is likely that others have bought the same cue too. It is also likely that it may happen again and any member selling items that has no feedback and requests payment like this or acts suspicious should be reported to moderators of the forum.

I do not think it is the responsibility of the site to monitor sales - it is buyer beware. Sometimes if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

I think hotpot had a good idea - if the buyer has been ripped off but I would like to think one of these cue makers or sellers on the forum would step in and offer to send him one free or heavily discount it for the poor lad - it is Christmas nearly - season of good will and all that.
                              Last edited by Byrom; 7 November 2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Paypal defo way to go dont buy anything unless by paypal at least you can open a case up then to get your dosh back and in this case thats probably why 'barry' did not want to open a paypal account

Comment

Working...
                                X