No announcement yet.

That horrible feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I got an idea to solve this as I am a nice guy.

I have ordered a cue but there is a waiting list - if people on that list don't mind and the cue maker in question moves me up the queue makes me a nice cue and sends my cue out before Christmas then I will promise to send this guy a free Parris cue and case as long as he pays the postage - hows that?

Comment

Let him know then thats very generous there are good people out there!

Comment

Thank you all for the support and consideration, this is such a great community because of many of you here that have proved yourselves to be true gentlemen indeed.

This is my mistake and looking back it was foolish of me, I do consider myself a fairly savvy trader having bought and sold a variety of items online on a few forums. On this occasion I dropped my guard and paid the price and would not feel comfortable for any of you to be out of pocket as a result of my mistake. I really do appreciate the offers suggested by Hotpot & Byrom and the support you have shown for these.

There has to be freedom for people to trade as easily as possible and I would like that to continue although I feel a couple of useful guidelines for selling items here are would be as follows and are based on my experiences on other forums:

The seller should list a price on every item listed for sale or a moderator should block the thread - This will help reduce the amount of wasteful PMs enquiring or making offers that are not likely to be accepted.

The asking price should be left on each listing even after the sale has been completed - This will help the community and others gauge the value of similar items in the future, I know the market varies greatly but this works well elsewhere.

These are very simple for us all to enforce with a simple comment on any non-compliant thread and shouldn't be any further burden on Ferret etc
        On Cue Facebook Page
        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Dont think you dropped youre guard , at the end of the day if your a trusting person you trust others , its sad if it is the case that somoene can have the brass to do one like this , and i hope this is not the case .

I feel youre right about some guidelines , what i dont know but i go with you on listing a price , i have cues up for sale without prices and i will alter that . I,ll leave the rest to the mods , if they wish to get involved .

Comment

always said that price should be on,people know how much they want so they should say, then you have a choice if you follow up.

Comment

Hotpot has generously offered to split the cost of sending you the Parris cue I have with me and if anyone wants to help out then they can contact Hotpot to ease the cost and we will work it between us -

I will need another cue before I give it you and hope that this can be done before Christmas - I have asked - but cant promise anything until I speak with the cue maker.

It is nice when people come forward to help out - restores your faith in the world.

-we are saying all this and it still might turn up yet-you never know best perhaps to wait a bit.
              Last edited by Byrom; 7 November 2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                Dont think you dropped youre guard , at the end of the day if your a trusting person you trust others , its sad if it is the case that somoene can have the brass to do one like this , and i hope this is not the case .

I feel youre right about some guidelines , what i dont know but i go with you on listing a price , i have cues up for sale without prices and i will alter that . I,ll leave the rest to the mods , if they wish to get involved .
                I buy and sell vintage Road bicycles and parts through a two forums that both use these two guidelines successfully. The process for those items have gone up and up in recent times, similar to the way collectable cues did a couple of years ago and will be dropping again over the next year as the market get flooded because people realise that Grandad's old **insert item here** is actually worth something.

Yesterday Les147 sold an item in moments because he listed a price that he was happy to get for it..... Although not initially. It made it a much quicker and easier sale as a result.

Perhaps comments on sales threads should stay related to that sale too so that those interested in buying and selling can do so easily without their thread turning in a direction it wasn't intended to.
                On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Stupree,

Can you get me a Flying Scot for under £200 please ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I said not so long ago that on other forums for sale sections, there are rules that state a price, pics and description must be included.

All this offers by PM business is boll*cks. The seller just wants a backdoor auction to happen and you have no idea if they are being honest when they come out with ''sorry, someone has offered x more''.

Keep everything out in the open. Seller sets a price, first person to respond to thread gets it, simple. If they pull out, next person.

You must have an idea what you want when you post the item for sale!

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                      Stupree,

Can you get me a Flying Scot for under £200 please ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Yep sure, that will be just underneath my pristine condition Hetchins Magnum Opus in the pile in the barn I am destined to find one day
                      On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        Hotpot has generously offered to split the cost of sending you the Parris cue I have with me and if anyone wants to help out then they can contact Hotpot to ease the cost and we will work it between us -

I will need another cue before I give it you and hope that this can be done before Christmas - I have asked - but cant promise anything until I speak with the cue maker.

It is nice when people come forward to help out - restores your faith in the world.

-we are saying all this and it still might turn up yet-you never know best perhaps to wait a bit.
                        I know you like a video link now and again Byrom and I guess this sums it up...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKOI24k_UY
                        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Well maybe you never know.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

Thanks again Hotpot & Byrom, I was buying this cue for the extensions and to turn a profit by selling the remaining cue and case through afterwards for more than I paid for the package. Call it business sense or greed either way I would not feel deserving or worthy of your generosity.

The best outcome for me on this one is for a dodgy seller to be outed, for knowledge and caution to be shared, and for some improvements to be made to the way items are sold here.

That will be the online forum equivalent to the brass plaque on the park bench in loving memory of 'Viewsonic's John Parris Classic - The cue that never was"
                            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Powerbus786 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]14994[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14995[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14996[/ATTACH]

He sent me these pictures of the cue.

I am pretty sure he is a same guy,I had E-mail conversation as well, asking for bank transfer, on Tuesday 29/102013 at 4.30p.m. his E-mail address was Barry Wilkinson [barry0947@gmail.com]
                              I only asked for the picture of the shaft so received the one in the middle which wasn't helpful but figured that some people just don't understand what we are looking for. The other two photos are not his and have just been taken from google images from other people's sites. That would have been a huge signal for me........hindsight!
                              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

We are all jumping to conclusions......unfortunately it looks like the same one !

What i am getting at is that the seller has been a member on here for 2 years , then rips someone off for £££'s .

Now who is to say that this guy is genuine and he may have suffered an accident / ill health . You wouldn't know unless he had a friend/ s on here .

But hopefully through the people on TSF he can be traced.
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X