ask andy travis if he has his address.
      I dont remember selling to this guy, cant find any record of him
      Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
      Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
      https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
      S36 1LB

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
        Thanks again Hotpot & Byrom, I was buying this cue for the extensions and to turn a profit by selling the remaining cue and case through afterwards for more than I paid for the package. Call it business sense or greed either way I would not feel deserving or worthy of your generosity.

The best outcome for me on this one is for a dodgy seller to be outed, for knowledge and caution to be shared, and for some improvements to be made to the way items are sold here.

That will be the online forum equivalent to the brass plaque on the park bench in loving memory of 'Viewsonic's John Parris Classic - The cue that never was"
        Ok very honest of you to admit you where just buying it to turn a profit - thought it might have been a dream cue or something for the kid or something.

And just because you wanted to make a few quid still does not make what happened to you right.
        It hurts the reputation of this forum too.

This forum comes together when people need help I have seen it before and it is nice to see -

No problem for me and hotpot offering our help - I am sure lots of others on the forum would do the same too. - It appears you want to take this one on the chin and so I wish you luck finding out who did this and hope you do get the cue if it indeed exists.

Comment

I, for one, know how this forum stick together and help each other out when needed!! It's just so sad when one bad incident can ruin our reputation. But as stated above, I think we are all hoping for a positive outcome to this sorry saga.
          I really hope the cue turns up for you mate. If not, we need to weed out this individual.....somehow!!!
          You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
            I dont remember selling to this guy, cant find any record of him
            Thanks for searching Andy, much appreciated
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Strange that if this is a con - the guy would not sell a ultimate or a wooldridge or a more expensive and wanted brand like this though?

Why a cheap Parris classic?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                Ok very honest of you to admit you where just buying it to turn a profit - thought it might have been a dream cue or something for the kid or something.

And just because you wanted to make a few quid still does not make what happened to you right.
                It hurts the reputation of this forum too.

This forum comes together when people need help I have seen it before and it is nice to see -

No problem for me and hotpot offering our help - I am sure lots of others on the forum would do the same too. - It appears you want to take this one on the chin and so I wish you luck finding out who did this and hope you do get the cue if it indeed exists.
                True Byrom, it doesn't make any of this right but Karma will give the fella a kickin' if I don't get the chance to

Yeah I do like to turn a profit where possible without being a scumbag, it is not out of greed but more to help me get the item I ultimately want.......could call it trading up I suppose. I do find a bit of enjoyment in buying, selling, trading and exchanging like many others here.

I will need to release a cue or two to balance the books after this loss...
                On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Strange that if this is a con - the guy would not sell a ultimate or a wooldridge or a more expensive and wanted brand like this though?

It's not feeling 'cheap' at the moment mate. The wounds are still too fresh for a comment like that

I suppose it is easily done, remarkably unremarkable. Easy to get images, as he said in the listing "we all know what a Classic looks like" and people are snapping them up on ebay which is where this one was heading once I received it. It would be tough to pass off an numbered Ultimate as we could probably trace the history with some ease as it is a favourite hobby of many enthusiasts
                  On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Sorry pal did not mean to remind you but I guess it could have been worse is what I am saying.

Just strikes me as odd that some guy who has been a member for years - as someone has already said - would do this and I am wondering if anyone else might have bought it too.

If the cue does not turn up can you not trace back the money through whatever account you paid it into somehow and find out his real name and address?

Comment

I cannot remember but when I joined the forum, how much personal information did I have to submit? I realise that email addresses can easily be changed but when this guy joined would he have been considering a scam?? Maybe an original sign up email address can shed some light??
                      Last edited by fred.england; 7 November 2013, 03:59 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
                      You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

because people will take the gamble - i have lost out a few times buying parris cues for £250 etc but when it comes to buying an ultimate I will always travel or send somebody who lives near by that i trust.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Has this cue not turned up yet ?? any response from viewsonic ??

Comment

Well to no great surprise the cue did not turn up today and I have not had any further contact with the seller, so I have lost all faith in the cue turning up and I will be taking whatever action is possible to recover my funds.

So far I have spoken with the bank who have informed me that they will make efforts to recover the funds if the fraud is logged with the police. I have been able to log the case using http://www.actionfraud.police.uk and have obtained a crime reference number. Apparently this service will be in contact within 24 hours having reviewed the details I have given them.

I will keep this thread updated so if this happens in the future, however I do not hold a lot of hope that this will turn out in my favour.

One additional thought is that often the perpetrator returns to the scene of the crime out of some perverse pleasure. Checking out Viewsonic's profile page I can see that he has not logged in with that profile but there have been plenty of 'guest' views here so Barry/Viewsonic if you are reading this I would just like you to know that you are a PR!*K
                            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Glad to hear your fighting back. Wish you the best of luck mate. 99.9% of the people on here are genuine and you have the misfortune to deal with the other one.
                              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Is there no one that track this little fit via his e mail address ?

Not being a technophobe I wouldn't have a clue how to do it .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X