That horrible feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Is there no one that track this little fit via his e mail address ?

Not being a technophobe I wouldn't have a clue how to do it .
    Tried everything that is possible by normal means and tried to find him on a variety of places but I get the impression it was a false name and email address but we will see what comes out in the wash
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

If you can get hold of his IP address (if you don't have it -- why would you -- at least the forum admin would) and he hasn't logged in from a proxy or VPN, perhaps you can track him down using that and Google. Mind you, an IP address will only really work as a tracking means along with a court order for the ISP in question, HOWEVER, some people post comments, roam message boards and more that sometimes displays ones IP.

Google will obviously have that info if you search the IP, so there's a fair chance you can connect the dots from there (with a bit of detective work)
      Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
        Tried everything that is possible by normal means and tried to find him on a variety of places but I get the impression it was a false name and email address but we will see what comes out in the wash
        How did you pay into a bank account in a false name?
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          Well to no great surprise the cue did not turn up today and I have not had any further contact with the seller, so I have lost all faith in the cue turning up and I will be taking whatever action is possible to recover my funds.

So far I have spoken with the bank who have informed me that they will make efforts to recover the funds if the fraud is logged with the police. I have been able to log the case using http://www.actionfraud.police.uk and have obtained a crime reference number. Apparently this service will be in contact within 24 hours having reviewed the details I have given them.

I will keep this thread updated so if this happens in the future, however I do not hold a lot of hope that this will turn out in my favour.

One additional thought is that often the perpetrator returns to the scene of the crime out of some perverse pleasure. Checking out Viewsonic's profile page I can see that he has not logged in with that profile but there have been plenty of 'guest' views here so Barry/Viewsonic if you are reading this I would just like you to know that you are a PR!*K
          Better to do something than nothing, buddy

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
            Better to do something than nothing, buddy
            call the number i sent you stupree.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have another name for this person along with their location, just sent Andy a email with new info to see what he has but for now this member has been banned.

Comment

The net is closing in ....nice one Ferret . Hope he gets hold of the con man .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

never underestimate the power of the computer geek!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

he must be really stupid if he didn't use a VPN

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                      Having always been lucky in all my purchases here and classified ads to date I have that horrible feeling that this time I may have come a cropper!

I agreed to buy a cue from a forum member and after a few emails last Tuesday evening (29/10/13) we agreed on a price and I arranged a bank transfer as he didn't use PayPal. Not ideal but not uncommon to pay straight in to an account either. The money did not arrive in his bank account until the following afternoon, which he confirmed by email stating he would get the cue sent that day or on Thursday morning.

Given that even the slowest postage method for a 3/4 cue should have seen it arrive yesterday and that he has not replied to any of my emails or PMs since last Wednesday I am starting to have some doubts.

I will not announce his username or any further details until Friday to give fair chance for the cue to arrive or for him to get in touch to tell me what the cause of the delay is.

Am I being unreasonable to have expected the cue by now?

If it's a no show what would be your next steps?
                      Maybe you know this already,
                      You can also pay with insurance. That means,
                      1 - You pay
                      2 - The seller receives a message that money is ready. But the money is not disturbed in his account.
                      3 - Once you have received the product, the money is disturbed in his account.
                      Obviously, the shipping cost is higher. What you have to pay to bank is also higher (for this service).
                      The buyer can never say that he has not received The product.
                      How is that possible? With tracking number.
                      If you buy something from ADR or GBL or ..... (Someone you can trust), it is not necessary.
                      But if you do not know the seller, then is a good deal to use it.
                      It's worth it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post

How did you pay into a bank account in a false name?
                        Banks do not reference the account holders name for bank transfers, just sort code and account number
                        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                          I have another name for this person along with their location, just sent Andy a email with new info to see what he has but for now this member has been banned.
                          Thank you very much for your assistance Ferret, it really helps
                          On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Any updates stu?
                            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                              Banks do not reference the account holders name for bank transfers, just sort code and account number
                              This sounds to me to be a criminal matter - not a civil matter - it is a fraud and a theft don't let the police fob you off.

The police should go into the bank and will find out who this person is through the details you have.
                              I hope you shame the guy and make sure he does not try it again help make sure others know they cant get away with it either.

Comment

• http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

Comment

Working...
                                X