No announcement yet.

That horrible feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just received an email from Action Fraud notifying me that the case has been passed on to West Yorkshire Police to handle from here onwards. This is reassuring as I felt that I would have been given the brush off by now and suspected that Action Fraud simply existed for a placebo effect of having somewhere to report your grievance and annoyance.

I will keep popping updates here
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• Hope it works out for you mate

Comment

• Cheers mate, it would make a nice little bonus to have £230 make it's way back to me probably in £2 a week installments!
        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          I have just received an email from Action Fraud notifying me that the case has been passed on to West Yorkshire Police to handle from here onwards. This is reassuring as I felt that I would have been given the brush off by now and suspected that Action Fraud simply existed for a placebo effect of having somewhere to report your grievance and annoyance.

I will keep popping updates here
          Excellent - I hope you get the money back.

You don't have to listen to the people who say that there's no point to report to the police.

Well done for persevering, bud.

Comment

• A friend of mine who runs a car leasing business had a similar problem around fifteen years ago when Internet banking first became available. He had no idea what he had gotten himself into and lost out on about 15k...

He gained retribution by torching the mechanic's place of work and was sent down for nine months!

"Money will spent" he says.

Comment

• Definitely pursue it as far as you can, if you get correct details for the guy you can take it to the small claims court. If you are a member of avforums read this thread http://www.avforums.com/threads/sony...olved.1667133/

I am sure there are very few problems with trades done on here but I do like the sale section on AVforums as the seller has to state a price, they are not allowed to just advertise for offers, and everything has to stay on the for sale thread until the deal is done, PM's and emails are strictly not allowed until a sale is reached, and if you deal off the thread the mods will not help while they will do as much as they can to help if you follow the trading rules.

A few bad folk spoil forums with their scamming ways. If they get away with it they will just do it again to someone else on here or elsewhere. Best of luck getting your money back.

Comment

• That horrible feeling...

Another update....

Yesterday I received an email direct from a West Yorkshire Police Officer asking for copies of all correspondence with culprit and wanting to arrange for an officer to visit to make a statement. This was all on my to do list for tomorrow and was shocked when a local officer called at my house to make arrangements on behalf of West Yorkshire Police. The sight of a copper at the door asking for me gave the pregnant missus a bit of a scare as I have been 'out of her sight' a lot this week, she has calmed down now though
                On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Nice one . Hopefully a decent outcome in due course .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Good to hear there is movement.
                    I am sure the missus will survive
                    Congrates by the way on the expected ankle-bitter
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

This wednesday the police visited to take a statement from me which has now been submitted to West Yorkshire Police. There is a possibility that I may get reimbursed by the bank who will make an effort to chase the funds from Barry Wilkinson/Jimmy Victor or any other names he is going by.

There is hope!
                      On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Good to hear things are moving in the right direction mate......
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Any news on this?

Comment

Hey JB there is a little update. I had an email from the investigating police officer who had been able to identify the suspect, probably under the name of Jimmy Victor, and visited his last known address where he is no longer living apparently. So an arrest warrant has been issued. I have some confidence that my friend will get caught and that a suitable penalty chosen by the magistrates.

As for my money being returned to me, my bank has done all our can in providing evidence that the transfer was made successfully into the account that I was given by viewsonic. This has been passed on to the police who may contact hours bank to inform them of how this account is linked to a fraud, his bank may reimburse me the funds and reclaim from him or they may do nothing at all.
                            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Just spent best part of a hour reading all of this...what a ar**hole!!!
                              hope you get your dollar back n who knows maybe more for compo lol
                              Good luck mate
                              Just remember what goes around comes around, karma can be a b*tch haha (hopefully)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Woko147 View Post
                                Just spent best part of a hour reading all of this...what a ar**hole!!!
                                hope you get your dollar back n who knows maybe more for compo lol
                                Good luck mate
                                Just remember what goes around comes around, karma can be a b*tch haha (hopefully)
                                Thanks mate and I agree that Karma will pay him back. I think he is scumbag and lives the life of a scumbag to the full and as a result has a pretty sh*^#y existence, my only sadness is for those closest to him who are probably most affected by his scumbag ways and are probably used to visits by the police.
                                On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                                X