No announcement yet.

***Will Hunt #207 cue on Ebay***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think at this time Will Hunt did not have the colour-range, have seen exactly the same design of badge with stamped number, but the colours where reversed the; "Will Hunt" was in green and the "Hand made London" was in black.
    So I would not call this cue a "black" or "green" plate, but just an early Will Hunt cue
    Anyone know when this cue may have been made?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cantonguy View Post
      This cue should be an original black plate.
      I remember my friend ordered a black plate when Will Hunt still in this business .
      He showed me exactly same badge cue when he just received it .
      was it ordered as a Black Plate? when would this have been? Do you remember the number?

Comment

I still have old photos of this cue .
        My friend stays in Hongkong , received in March 2000 .
        He bought a 3/4 black plate , four secondary tulip splices comes with black Barracuda Match aluminium case.
        He choose no. 108 for his cue. No extension , no butt end joint as well .
        Joint screws are longer type , not the same one that commonly use on Hunt O'Byrne cues .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          I think at this time Will Hunt did not have the colour-range, have seen exactly the same design of badge with stamped number, but the colours where reversed the; "Will Hunt" was in green and the "Hand made London" was in black.
          So I would not call this cue a "black" or "green" plate, but just an early Will Hunt cue
          I may agree with you. Probably no colour range from Hunt at that time. hunt-2.jpghunt-3.jpg

Comment

This is a real will hunt badge. My father had a cue made ​​by will hunt him with the same badge. He gave it to my brother. the cue was later stolen during a tournament. (crazy story).
            If he has a certificate. And can show the authenticity of the cue, then he is worth more than 800 pound..

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
              If it was genuinely owned by a current top 16 player would you not name him to increase the value of the cue? By not naming him cant help thinking maybe someone is telling a few porkies here.
              good logic mate

Comment

Originally Posted by cantonguy View Post
                I still have old photos of this cue .
                My friend stays in Hongkong , received in March 2000 .
                He bought a 3/4 black plate , four secondary tulip splices comes with black Barracuda Match aluminium case.
                He choose no. 108 for his cue. No extension , no butt end joint as well .
                Joint screws are longer type , not the same one that commonly use on Hunt O'Byrne cues .
                Cheers for the info. Get the pics uploaded
                Fyi H&Ob had several joint types including a long one. There is a thread showing a brochure of theirs and it includes the joints they did

Seen the pics
                Working off phone at the mo and missed the other post

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                  This is a real will hunt badge. My father had a cue made ​​by will hunt him with the same badge. He gave it to my brother. the cue was later stolen during a tournament. (crazy story).
                  If he has a certificate. And can show the authenticity of the cue, then he is worth more than 800 pound..
                  Never said it was not a real Hunt badge
                  Come on then, we all on TSF like a crazy story

Comment

Yes Ramon the crazier the better!

I'm quite surprised how much these older Hunt's seem to sell at!
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

do a search for "hunt & o'byrne catalog" and you will find the thread with pictures of the joints they did.
                      sorry but can't do a link on the phone app.

Comment

Never said it was not a real Hunt badge
                        Come on then, we all on TSF like a crazy story
                        Haha, thanks mate,
                        I know what you mean. Life is full of crazy stories.
                        But what I meant is, Will Hunt used this badge long time ago. ( if I'm right !!!! ).

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                          Yes Ramon the crazier the better!

I'm quite surprised how much these older Hunt's seem to sell at!

Yes, you're right on that one.
                          I don't know what happened out there, he played a tournament in India. First, he had problems with aviation in airport (he did'nt wanted to give the cue to baggage Department). Finally, there during the tournament after the first round, he was going to give my father a call.
                          When he came back, the cue was gone. Craziest story I've ever heard.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Anyway, He now plays with a Mike Wooldridge black l. and he is very happy with it

Comment

At 840 at the moment I just don't see it being worth that sort of money its only a plain ebony butt 1 piece cue. Just my opinion .

Comment

i had a will hunt cue made in very early ninetys made for a mate of mine who was a lower ranking pro ,the badge was white with will hunt in black and number stamped in butt above plate ,So when i saw badge on the cue you are talking about thought it was a fake or a recent remake.

Comment

Originally Posted by Thinslice View Post
                                i had a will hunt cue made in very early ninetys made for a mate of mine who was a lower ranking pro ,the badge was white with will hunt in black and number stamped in butt above plate ,So when i saw badge on the cue you are talking about thought it was a fake or a recent remake.
                                yep we have seen those as well, it seems that Will Hunt went through several designs and possibly there was overlap of usage.

Comment

Working...
                                X