cue alterations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue alterations

a bit of a numpty question for you, usually if a cue is to be shortened then assume this is always done at tip end and a new ferrule fitted, and if weight reduction is wanted, normal practice is to drill out at but end and refill with a lighter wood if cue naturally weighted or remove weights if these are fitted, now if you wanted to both shorten and reduce weight in a cue what harm would there be if you shortened cue at but end as the main weight would be here, if this was done would there be any danger of damageing cue, ie the splices or would this bit an option. as I say bit of a numpty question but thought I would ask
    Craftsman custom made cue
    57 inches
    17 ounces
    9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
    ash shaft plain ebony butt

First off what cue is it an old one or a new one,second you don't say if one pièce or a split cue.

Comment

One novice to another, It would depend on where you wanted the balance point to be.
      I would think that if you wanted the length shorter AND the weight reduced, but wanted
      the balance point to remain the same, you would need to do more fiddling with the weight inside.

Oh, and you'd probably only have half a badge left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
        First off what cue is it an old one or a new one,second you don't say if one pièce or a split cue.
        3/4 split jointed at 16 inches, reasonably newish
        57 inches
        17 ounces

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
          One novice to another, It would depend on where you wanted the balance point to be.
          I would think that if you wanted the length shorter AND the weight reduced, but wanted
          the balance point to remain the same, you would need to do more fiddling with the weight inside.

Oh, and you'd probably only have half a badge left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          would get flat thinned aswell as only use 28 mil but diameter so imagine badge being removed not an issue
          57 inches
          17 ounces

Comment

If you shorten the butt end the butt will be thinner, so may not suit you after.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
            X