Stu Green at The Green Baize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stu Green at The Green Baize

I just ordered my first real snooker cue. I'm Canadian so my options are beyond limited over here. So after a fair amount of research online, mainly here I came to the conclusion I wanted a master cue and that Stu Green was the man to talk to about it. It was without doubt the best experience I've ever had as far as customer service goes. Extremely nice guy went through the trouble of listening to what I was looking for an went an picked out some cues that coincided with my budget took some pics and emailed them to me and I picked out the one I like. I can't wait to receive my new cue. All this took two days total and I should get my cue within a couple weeks. Obviously I thanked him but I wanted to share my experience and tell as many people as I could that if you need a cue you won't do any better than talking to Stu. I don't remember who recommended him on here but thank you as well. Now I just have to learn to run more than forty points. I can run racks of 9ball so how hard can it be lol.

You won't go wrong with one of his cues.
    You should of tried terry first to save some postage though, he has more cues than you can shake a stick at!!
    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Always good to hear decent feedback, which in turn helps other members make informative decisions .

Post some pics up when you get it . And maybe this is the cue that gets you over the 40 break . Good luck .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Stu Green at The Green Baize

yep a diamond gezza
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Sounds good, and best of luck with it.
          Although, I second danam1: Terry does have a huge cue collection and is an extremely nice guy as well. I'm sure he could've given you a good deal too
          Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

I also have nothing but good things to say about Stu. Great cues and excellent customer service!
            Box the chimp.

Comment

Ya I'll be sure and throw some pics up when I get it. And I don't know who Terry is. But like I said I certainly don't regret going with Stu. Now all I have to do is wait lol. Not long though I'm told.

Comment

Originally Posted by 8baller6868 View Post
                Ya I'll be sure and throw some pics up when I get it. And I don't know who Terry is. But like I said I certainly don't regret going with Stu. Now all I have to do is wait lol. Not long though I'm told.
                I believe this would be Terry Davidson (here on TSF) who is a World Qualified Coach and doe shave a few cues sometimes for sale, he lives Ontario way.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

8baller:

Yes, I have some cues for sale and I'm also a certified Master Coach via the IBSF and also certified as a Senior Coach with Terry Griffiths' Matchroom. I live in Alma, ON which is about 30km north of Guelph and I have a training facility here with a match table, with match cloth and balls along with a couple of video cameras, large screen HDTV and a bunch of training aids.

In the cue department I will buy the odd cue, usually from a listing on here or else from Trevor White and for the used cues I only pick those cues close to my specs and then I will test them out to ensure they play well and if not I may change a ferrule or tip or refinish the shaft and maybe straighten them so a buyer will always get a good cue from me that plays well and usually at a decent price. Right now I have about 12 cues for sale here.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    8baller:

Yes, I have some cues for sale and I'm also a certified Master Coach via the IBSF and also certified as a Senior Coach with Terry Griffiths' Matchroom. I live in Alma, ON which is about 30km north of Guelph and I have a training facility here with a match table, with match cloth and balls along with a couple of video cameras, large screen HDTV and a bunch of training aids.

In the cue department I will buy the odd cue, usually from a listing on here or else from Trevor White and for the used cues I only pick those cues close to my specs and then I will test them out to ensure they play well and if not I may change a ferrule or tip or refinish the shaft and maybe straighten them so a buyer will always get a good cue from me that plays well and usually at a decent price. Right now I have about 12 cues for sale here.

Terry
                    12 cues is where it all starts terry....... then before you know it you have 200! - on topic stu is a superb guy and very easy to deal with.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have also had the pleasure of dealing with stu. Excellent service and very helpful.

Comment

Originally Posted by mibrandt View Post
                        I have also had the pleasure of dealing with stu. Excellent service and very helpful.
                        I was up to Terry's and tried out the Green Baize he had, awesome cue but too long for me so I contacted Stu and he had just what I needed. Stu looked right after me and I had my cue in 5 days. I also bought the GB extension and solid ebony mini butt. I emailed Stu the other day to see if I could get a receiver to fit my old Riley Cue so I can use my GB Extensions in it also. Stu looked right after me again. I should have it this week and he would not take a dime for it or shipping, his comment was I am glad I could help. My next cue will be another GB
                        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I got my cue from Stu a couple of years ago also and got to say great guy to deal with, excellent comms and cue as described. Would happily buy from him again, and if I was every in the area wouldn't mind visiting the store

Comment

Originally Posted by shanewba90 View Post
                            I got my cue from Stu a couple of years ago also and got to say great guy to deal with, excellent comms and cue as described. Would happily buy from him again, and if I was every in the area wouldn't mind visiting the store
                            Yes me too. I have found all kinds of stores over there and I could probably spend a day in each one of them. We have nothing here not even a club to join unless you are in the big cities. You talk Snooker here and most people do not have a clue what you are talking about...LOL
                            " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                            " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                            http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Working...
                            X