Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9Ball Cues

Hi,

I am struggling to find any advice regarding 9ball cues.

I know of the brands out there but no one seems to be able to give a idea of which ones to keep away from and which ones to buy.

I am looking for advice on all the three cues required (Break cue, Playing Cue, Jump cue)

Thanks in advance

Try asking the question on a pool forum like Azbilliards im sure youd get a better response than on here pal.
    "Practice Makes Perfect"
    "He Who Endures Conquers"
    "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

I have been playing 9 Ball for years and am a custom cue collector so hopefully can assist you a little. I suppose the first question is what budget are you working on as there is such a huge range in the American cue market. If you want a respectable production cue you could look at the Pro Shop section of pro9.com or if you are looking to spend a reasonable amount on a custom cue (say £700 upwards) I can give you some good advice and also recommend a well respected cue expert in the UK that will look after you if you don't want the hassle of dealing directly with the US.

Let me know if I can help.

Graeme

Comment

i have two 9 ball cues for sale if interested a trev white in maple and tony wilshaw in ash

Comment

£700 pound for a reasonable cue!!
          Ok then.

Comment

£700 for a cue is pretty cheap in the custom market. The priciest cues are more works of art than players anyway.

To the OP. Avoid cuetec and anything with a joint that you can't retro fit a predator/OB shaft to.

I would take Graeme up on his offer and let him put you in touch with Simon. Beware though if the bug bites you may enter mortgage territory for collectibles.

Where are you based?

Comment

The starting point for American cues is, can you cope with deflection? If it doesn't bother you, knock yourself out and get whichever you fancy. If deflection kills you, get one with a low deflection shaft (most typically in UK, a Predator).

As for break and jump cues, depends on much you want to spend and how seriously you're going to take the game. If you're a casual player, just get a combined J/B from ebay for around 50 quid (less for used). If you're good and want to take things further, Predator BKII's are pretty standard pro equipment (expect to pay around £150 for a used one in good condition), and Poison VX jumpers are great.

It is easy to pay a lot of money for American pool gear, so you need to be clear how much you're going to play, and take it from there.
              Last edited by Hello, Mr Big Shot; 31 December 2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X