Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Cues - 'The Price is Right!'

Sellers...buyers...lend me your ears!

With a steady flow of cues listed for sale here there seem to be two schools of thought when it comes to pricing. One to list a price and the other to invite offers.

Now I am a stick a price on kind of guy when it comes to my sales (although I did once do the offer thing) and get put off by the 'open to offers' approach when buying as generally the buyer isn't open to offers actually and seem to have a price they want but keep it a secret for some reason.

Which do you prefer as both a buyer snd a seller?
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

People got slated for putting up prices, so they were kept to PM's to make an offer . Which is one of the reasons that some members don't put up prices on threads .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I can see both sides but I know from being on other forums that there are rules on for sale threads that an item must contain a description, pics and price or it gets removed.

I can't stand this PM with offers. It is too open for abuse. Not many people - myself included - would have a clue what to offer. You might be wasting time with a stupid low amount or offer far too much to sellers delight.

The seller must know what they are after. Put that price on the thread and I'm sure people will PM with offers if it doesn't go for that price.
      Last edited by guernseygooner; 6 December 2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        People got slated for putting up prices, so they were kept to PM's to make an offer . Which is one of the reasons that some members don't put up prices on threads .
        What were they slated for Neil?
        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

There should no comments on for sale threads. Just the original post and then the seller bumping it to the top

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
            What were they slated for Neil?
            People didn't agree with the prices quoted by the sellers .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

People didn't agree with the prices quoted by the sellers .
              That is why they need to introduce rules about buying and selling like they do on other sites. No flaming so in other words no posts allowed unless they have a genuine interest in the item. Trouble is people are abusive on here and it never gets policed properly. If everyone knew the rules then this place would run a lot better. Its far too lax and not enough mods which we should have one moderating each section rather than a couple moderating the whole site.

Comment

Correct Neil.

Comment

I agree Totally as some do try and Ruin peoples threads as i have noticed!

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                  There should no comments on for sale threads. Just the original post and then the seller bumping it to the top

Comment

I agree it is better to put up an item for sale with a suggested price but everyone should be entitled to comment - end of the day if a cue is nice and the price is reasonable enough it will sell - if not then it wont.

Honest comments - though occasionally misplaced - do stop some of the less reputable people listing things that are not what they seem - for example how many people post fakes on e-bay and go unchecked?

Because of the knowledge of people on this forum these types of sellers are stopped from doing that on this forum and getting away with it and they would be shamed from overpricing a cue too. On average this forum is a far safer place to buy a good cue than e-bay and other selling market places I would say.

Personally I would never bid on a cue that did not have an asking price - as some people are just speculating.

Certain sellers and makers on here do also know what constitutes a good cue and they can describe a cues playing qualities better than your average seller on e-bay as many play the game themselves and have had numerous cues and aquired knowledge. I am thankful to those people that make honest comments on threads and share their knowledge on these subjects despite the occasional risk of getting critique. No member of the forum should ever be stopped from giving their honest opinion on these cue threads or any other thread as this is an open forum and we should always seek to promote freedom of speech - right or worng.
                    Last edited by Byrom; 6 December 2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

it depends who you are selling to - some nationalities like to haggle others like a set price.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Fedia - "Yes yes buy today I give you special price - special price just for you - only two and a half grand I give you special price."

Comment

When people ask for offers i always assume they want too much !! and dare not say really how much they would be happy with, plus always a chance you could offer too much !!!
                          I think naming a price is better, if it's right you will sell it fast, if too high people will just ignore it

Comment

I thought it seemed like a good time to resurrect this thread with the addition of Panjo and the debate it brings. This is a better place for talking about how people should or shouldn't list items for sale rather than on a for sale thread
                            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

When Im buying if someone puts up say £1000 for a tw cue I wont even send a message making a offer. If they put "offers over" or a price over, in this case £400, ill have a punt and have got a couple of nice cues that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X