Selling Cues - 'The Price is Right!'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    same - qxl was actually better! true but bonhams very good if you are selling a 1950's racing car!
    Looks like the eBay fees aren't that bad after all lol.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

same - qxl was actually better! true but bonhams very good if you are selling a 1950's racing car!
      I always thought it was just me that thought that! Thank you Andrew I feel slightly more sane
      On Cue Facebook Page
      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
        Ebay has its costs but we all as sellers and most importantly as buyers end up there as a result of their marketing. The fees they charge are healthy to them but are as a result of their investment in their service, technology, and advertising. It is their reach that we are paying for and I think it is justified.......but given the chance to deal outside of their fees I am there like a shot
        There is DEFINATELY a value to the various levels of protection offered but I agree 10% is too steep.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
          There is DEFINATELY a value to the various levels of protection offered but I agree 10% is too steep.
          there is not really any protection - try claiming when buyer commits credit card fraud!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

there is not really any protection - try claiming when buyer commits credit card fraud!
            Surely any fraud is paypals/ebays problem ?? that's what you pay for

Comment

That is the main reason why cues prices are expensive, to cover ebay fees & paypal fees, plus postage. hardly any profit at all, may just about end up breaking even. or sometimes out of pocket.
              If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Surely any fraud is paypals/ebays problem ?? that's what you pay for
                well it happens to me once a month on average and so far I have never had one penny back from ebay / paypal !! the fees are there to make the owner a billionaire not to help you. charge backs etc are your problem just as in any other transaction!

Comment

well it happens to me once a month on average and so far I have never had one penny back from ebay / paypal !! the fees are there to make the owner a billionaire not to help you. charge backs etc are your problem just as in any other transaction!
                  Do you put the claims in ??
                  I recently paid for a cue that never arrived, but once the 14 days or whatever was up i got a refund within 30 seconds.
                  The seller sold approx £3000 of stuff that he never sent out, i assume everyone got a refund, see here:
                  http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...edbackAsSeller

Comment

PayPal / ebay are great for looking after the buyer , but are no good if you are a seller .

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Do you put the claims in ??
                      I recently paid for a cue that never arrived, but once the 14 days or whatever was up i got a refund within 30 seconds.
                      The seller sold approx £3000 of stuff that he never sent out, i assume everyone got a refund, see here:
                      http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...edbackAsSeller
                      You are the buyer - they will just have taken the money from the sellers a/c regardless of circumstance!

Comment

I much preferred the forum how it was before Panjo. It was easy to list cues, cases, extensions etc. Hopefully the buyer got them cheaper than on ebay and the seller stood more chance of breaking even or showing a small profit with no fees being involved.

When you have been an active forum member for a good while you get a feel from posts and comments regarding whom you can trust on here. Although ive never met many of the members in person I trust my own judgement and know certain members whom I wouldnt hesitate to pay direct via paypal having no doubts that my cue or item will arrive.

The problems arise when you go buying off a new member or non active member that you know nothing about.
                        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                          I much preferred the forum how it was before Panjo. It was easy to list cues, cases, extensions etc. Hopefully the buyer got them cheaper than on ebay and the seller stood more chance of breaking even or showing a small profit with no fees being involved.

When you have been an active forum member for a good while you get a feel from posts and comments regarding whom you can trust on here. Although ive never met many of the members in person I trust my own judgement and know certain members whom I wouldnt hesitate to pay direct via paypal having no doubts that my cue or item will arrive.

The problems arise when you go buying off a new member or non active member that you know nothing about.
                          the trouble is then whoever lost out ranted at ferret!

Comment

Yes shame really. The sale and wanted section has been vitually killed off now and was a good place for us all. Unless we start mentioning in the cues section that we have something for sale or something we're looking for and see if any members contact us. But that would be really naughty and shouldnt be condoned under any circumstances
                            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                              Yes shame really. The sale and wanted section has been vitually killed off now and was a good place for us all. Unless we start mentioning in the cues section that we have something for sale or something we're looking for and see if any members contact us. But that would be really naughty and shouldnt be condoned under any circumstances
                              ferret said i can do it but the rest of you can sod off!

Comment

ferret said i can do it but the rest of you can sod off!
                                are you ferrets dad?

Comment

Working...
                                X