Woods cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods cues

Just wondered if anyone out there has bought an Australian Woods cue and if yes, what are they like?

I don't think they are Australian made

Comment

Chinese made I think, I've had a couple that I sold on that were very nice cues for the money £78 I paid, nice grain arrows and dead straight side grain. Like any cue in this price range it's a gamble, if you find a good one though you laughing, seller on Ebay under the name Cuedos seems to get the good ones

Comment

had a few, if ya gonna get one for the the 3 star ones. they play well and are very well built. oiled shaft too

Comment

Yes I have had a few Woods Cues and a couple of them were Crap too be honest but 1 of them played ok for less than £70!!

These were going for less than £20-£50 awhile back but now they fetching alittle more and starting bid and buy it now alot more than they were.

If your lucky you will get a ok Cue for the Money if not you will get quite a Crap one so my advice would be Buy one of a Genuine Seller may Cost you abit more but will be worth it and you can ask him abit about the Cue instead of Pot Luck!.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
            Chinese made I think, I've had a couple that I sold on that were very nice cues for the money £78 I paid, nice grain arrows and dead straight side grain. Like any cue in this price range it's a gamble, if you find a good one though you laughing, seller on Ebay under the name Cuedos seems to get the good ones
            Purchased a 3 Star Woods 1 piece from Cuedos very nice cue everyone appears to be of the opinion only to consider the 3 Star cues, mine has a beautiful Zebrano wood butt splice it goes across the butt like a tiger stripe it plays well however did change tip that was fitted to cue not that it was that bad but more confident with a tip I know. As you say a bit of a gamble ! Cuedos assured me it was a oil finish and it was ! a little tender buffing and attention with some linseed and 0000 wire wool and it is as slick a playable as any cue twice the price.

Comment

The Chinese derivation of these cues is correct. I bought 2 Woods cues 1. Was a one piece maple 3 star and turned out OK for £65. 2. Was an ash 3/4 with a reasonable shaft but an appaling butt with all the laminates (splices) lifting within 3 months showing a hardwood ??? base underneath a vynil layer. Only good for leaving at my club hoping someone steals it. There again what do you get for £65 odd. Steer clear & buy verified makers cues. Woods too risky.

Comment

Great value for money, not much done by hand and standardly have varnished finish.

3 stars are real ebony / wood.

2 stars are generally painted over rosewood, still some good shafts.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys, you pretty much confirmed my suspicion that they are Chinese made. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. I do agree that some of them can be great value for money though. Bought a couple of Robin Scott's 2 years back as Xmas presents and have to say both were really good cues for the money however have been stung on one of them supposedly handspliced Canadian cues.

Comment

Working...
                  X