No announcement yet.

Quality of ash shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you worry about that Trevor, there is more chance of me taking a p..s on the moon then ever making a maximum. With regards to your response ,maybe you are right and it is us so called experts in our chosen field who are too quick to judge and ridicule. You have given me a lot of food for thought here Trevor, thank you.
    Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
    Maybe better if you don't ring me, I'm not accepting any new work for a while...ha.

Comment

You earn the right to have a nice cue, or any other nice thing by going to your work in the morning. I have seen people try to play cue sports with equipment that makes many shots impossible to play.

The fact that a person cannot score 40 does not preclude them from owning a nice cue any more than being fat precludes them from buying a football strip.

Comment

You are absolutely right, who are we to tell people what they can and can't do or have. Thanks mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
          You earn the right to have a nice cue, or any other nice thing by going to your work in the morning. I have seen people try to play cue sports with equipment that makes many shots impossible to play.

The fact that a person cannot score 40 does not preclude them from owning a nice cue any more than being fat precludes them from buying a football strip.
          Also, if you decide you love snooker and want to improve why not get yourself a decent cue.

After all, you will probably keep that cue for many years. Well, unless you get on this forum and start buying/selling too many cues.

It is much better to get used to your own cue than just using dodgy club cues.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

This is very true. Get yourself a nice cue and then grow with it, makes a lot of sense. God, it's frightening to think how much I have to learn about attitude. thanks about the humble pie folks, I really mean it.
            Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
            Also, if you decide you love snooker and want to improve why not get yourself a decent cue.

After all, you will probably keep that cue for many years. Well, unless you get on this forum and start buying/selling too many cues.

It is much better to get used to your own cue than just using dodgy club cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Waiting for the "first ton under your belt" could never come mate , nothing wrong with buying a nice cue, it makes you feel good and positive, and that helps your game. At the end of the day spending £400 or more on a nice cue is still very cheap compared to other sports, and if you play regular is a bit of a bargain, plus re sale value is often excellent.
              Not sure if you are aware, but Trevs1 is Trevor white, so you have had 2 of the best cue makers on here helping you out

I agree with this - I do not know how much you pay for a decent set of golf clubs these days but I hazard a guess it is a lot more than a top snooker cue.

Fact is I get a buzz playing with a great cue -

Certainly gives you motivation to want to play more to I enjoy getting used to a cues particular playing qualities - Maybe that is why I swap and change so much.

Does a good cue make you a better player - or does a more expensive cue make you play better?

Well cant speak for anyone else but for me I have to say it actually does yes - I have found that there is a difference between the better makers and the rest and what they do is worth the extra cost for a very good reason.

I have tried various brands but find generally the best makers do better understand what particular players want in terms of design and spec and they understand what constitutes a good cue in terms of playability because they have gained this knowledge through years of experience of making them. Also generally like you say you get your money back or most of it or more even if you sell them because they have reputations gained through many hours of dealing with awkward buggers like us that demand that perfection.

Must get hard sourcing stiff ash with perfect makings that looks like a tigers arse though

Comment

Working...
              X