Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Lol that's my old cue
    It was a Tony Ions rep, but adr said it could well of been made in late 60's early 70's i think he said
    I'd recognise that trampoline anywhere
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      Not strictly true that all 1st editions were red ash. Only a certain amount were made with this, some first editions also have normal coloured ash, or at least that is what I understand. The ash originally was supposed to be 80 years old and once this supply had run out the 2nd edition started. This ash was supposed to be at least 50 years old and also came with a stripy ebony butt yet we have seen versions with black ebony.

Truth is there were quite a few variations of these cues, some with a London badge, some with Newcastle on Tyne which I believe to be mainly the first edition with the red ash. The problem is because there are some variations of style of butt, badge and ash used its hard to distinguish for certainty a 1st and a 2nd edition. But due to the scarcity of first editions its highly unlikely that there are many in existence so naturally most are 2nd editions as more were made.

Dont get caught up in these "editions" they're nothing more than terms made up by collectors to describe changes in the look of cues. B&W have never sold a 1st edition, 2nd edition, 3rd edition ye olde ash, just a ye olde ash (or actually if you check out the trade catalogues, the ye olde ash, the ye old ashe, and the ye olde ashe - although I don't think there's any significance in the spelling - every badge I've seen has been spelt the same).
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
        Dont get caught up in these "editions" they're nothing more than terms made up by collectors to describe changes in the look of cues. B&W have never sold a 1st edition, 2nd edition, 3rd edition ye olde ash, just a ye olde ash (or actually if you check out the trade catalogues, the ye olde ash, the ye old ashe, and the ye olde ashe - although I don't think there's any significance in the spelling - every badge I've seen has been spelt the same).
        agreed - the badge changed once to one with italic style writing but the cues are all basically the same.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          agreed - the badge changed once to one with italic style writing but the cues are all basically the same.
          Except the prices maybe . . .
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

these are mine,one i bought of matty on here had the badge re-inked and other bought private.,,,,you can see the difference in badge shape.

Comment

so much for letting auction run ,must have had an offer ,finished early

Comment

Bah. Always happens it's does my chuffing head in.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

couple of pics of my current playing cue. Well badge pic.

cue1.jpg
                  cue2.jpg
                  Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Bah. Always happens it's does my chuffing head in.
                    you don't expect them to run because the sellers know they have 15% in fees!

Comment

Spoken like one who's perhaps made that mistake before ( hopefully only once ) ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Still, what if someone was going to bid some crazy price for the cue?
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

You pay a fee to use their service - plenty of free ads if you prefer!
                          You don't get a taxi home then do a runner without paying.
                          Old cue collector --

Comment

You pay a fee to use their service - plenty of free ads if you prefer!
                            You don't get a taxi home then do a runner without paying.
                            true but i pay ebay every year the price of a new VW and what do i get in return? on most things ebay and paypal make more money than me!

Comment

Working...
                            X