Posting a cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting a cue?

Hi. I'm sending my cue away to get the tip reduced. What's the cheapest and safest way to send my cue? Thanks.

Best way would be to send it in the case of poss..if not then in a piece of plastic drainage pipe from any B&Q type store well wrapped in bubble wrap

Comment

Do not under any circumstance use CityLink, if they don't lose it, they will break it.

You'll be looking at about £12 Parcelforce48 and I won't send one without insurance now which adds about another £6 to it if you use TNT Express.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
        Do not under any circumstance use CityLink, if they don't lose it, they will break it.

You'll be looking at about £12 Parcelforce48 and I won't send one without insurance now which adds about another £6 to it if you use TNT Express.

Good luck.
        Is that including the case? It's a one-piece so I gather its heavier too.

Comment

Go to www.parcel2go.com fill in your weights etc and get various quotes, only down side is you need to wait in for them to collect it, you can also pay with paypal.

Comment

Use parcel pete (ipostparcels), best service imo and cheaper

Comment

If it's over 1500 mm long you cannot use Parcelforce so will need to use a courier, but a plastic plumbers pipe cut to just under that length will do just fine, wrap the cue in newspaper to avoid scratches, then tape up the ends, add a label, and good to go.
              £100 cover included with Parcelforce48, extra £1.20 to take it to £200, but then a big jump of £4.50 extra for every additional £100 cover you need

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                If it's over 1500 mm long you cannot use Parcelforce so will need to use a courier, but a plastic plumbers pipe cut to just under that length will do just fine, wrap the cue in newspaper to avoid scratches, then tape up the ends, add a label, and good to go.
                £100 cover included with Parcelforce48, extra £1.20 to take it to £200, but then a big jump of £4.50 extra for every additional £100 cover you need
                Sounds like a man who's had plenty of practice ......;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                  Sounds like a man who's had plenty of practice ......;-)
                  Might of posted a couple mate

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

to get an idea of how couriers will treat it, open your front door and kick in the general direction of where you want it to go!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post

Good luck.
                        Never had a problem with Citylink(no printer needed) through parcel2go myself except sometimes sending 48 hour service and arriving half that 24 hours earlier!
                        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Working...
                        X