Do the top players insure there cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the top players insure there cues

With all the traveling the top players do are there cues insured and how much :snooker::snooker:

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
    With all the traveling the top players do are there cues insured and how much :snooker::snooker:
    why? insurance only replaces articles with money not the return of the item

Comment

Yes a no it can't be replaced like a car or tv for example was just wondering

Comment

It is an interesting question Stevie but I don't think they have any specific cover for their cues apart from their standard sport equipment cover on any travel insurances they may have. I really do not think that any insurer would be sympathetic to the performance value that we would place on a cue and merely see it as a piece of replacable equipment.

I did have two cues stolen from my car about 8 years ago now which the insurance company reimbursed me for the cost of replacements but one of those cues was irreplaceable to me which is why I have been on such a search since. There is never going to be a cue to replace that one, nothing will ever come close to my memory of how I played with that cue. Memory is wonderfully misleading!!
        On Cue Facebook Page
        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          It is an interesting question Stevie but I don't think they have any specific cover for their cues apart from their standard sport equipment cover on any travel insurances they may have. I really do not think that any insurer would be sympathetic to the performance value that we would place on a cue and merely see it as a piece of replacable equipment.

I did have two cues stolen from my car about 8 years ago now which the insurance company reimbursed me for the cost of replacements but one of those cues was irreplaceable to me which is why I have been on such a search since. There is never going to be a cue to replace that one, nothing will ever come close to my memory of how I played with that cue. Memory is wonderfully misleading!!
          That's bad craic, too many lowlifes roaming the streets these days! Out of interest who made that cue? Have you been buying similar spec cues since..?

Be great if they offered payouts till you found the one, though John Higgins would have the insurance companies bankrupt!
          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post

That's bad craic, too many lowlifes roaming the streets these days! Out of interest who made that cue? Have you been buying similar spec cues since..?

Be great if they offered payouts till you found the one, though John Higgins would have the insurance companies bankrupt!
            I never knew the specs It was a Sheridan Cue that was bought for me when I was a teenager. Beautifully balanced one piece ash with plain ebony butt. Great cue!

I have had to try many cues to pin down the specs and then to find a cue that I like owning as much as I enjoy playing with. I have had many absolutely cracking cues that I have let go because I felt there was one that would feel that little more special in the hand. There never was

I know have a beautiful looking and most importantly playing cue that I am just waiting for Tony Glover to make an alteration on and I have also ordered a cue from him that will hopefully be just as good.
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

It amazes me how hard it is to find two cues that play alike. Well... all the best in your search anyway.
              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
              X