Hindsight and all that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hindsight and all that!

Seeing the crazy prices that some cues go for these days got me thinking about the amount of money I could have made now if I had kept my previous cues.

My first proper cue was a Hunt & O'Byrne Jimmy White replica cue. Don't know how much it would be worth now, it was advertised in Snooker Scene as a stock cue and had the longer style butt. To date my favourite cue and I still don't know why I got rid of it.

I visited Hunt's shop at the Elephant and Castle twice about 22 years ago and had 2 1 piece cues from there. 1 plain butt and 1 with a snake wood front splice. I sold the snake wood one to my mate 20 years ago for £150 and he is still using it today! The plain butt one was sold as well and it was butchered by someone lengthening it with DIY splices so no more badge.

A couple of Parris and then I settled on a Glover that I used for 8 years until I joined this site and we all know what happens to people when that happens!

I just tried again the first cue I ever bought over 30 years ago

BCE two piece, maple shaft, machine spliced with a 11 mm tip.

Played really well in practice, so well I'm tempted to use it on my next league match.

Comment

Working...
    X