Major deal for SightRight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major deal for SightRight

Sightright have announced a massive partnership deal with BCE/Riley that will see the launch a range of products worldwide

http://www.sightrightuk.com/news.php
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Some people will PAY A LOT of money JUST FOR A WHITE LINE these days don't you think?

http://twentytwowords.com/canvas-pai...on-4-pictures/
    Last edited by Byrom; 1 March 2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      [I]Some people will PAY A LOT of money JUST FOR A WHITE LINE these days don't you think?
      well they pay a lot more for fancy butts that contribute zilch to anyones game

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        Some people will PAY A LOT of money JUST FOR A WHITE LINE these days don't you think?

That's a bit unfair its actually two white lines.

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
          That's a bit unfair its actually two white lines.
          And a broken one at that !
          Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

White lines that enhance your game, not to be sniffed at!
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I'm not quite sure if this helps or not but one thing I am surprised at is that players are allowed to use the cues during a match, I would have thought anything that helps aiming or sighting, would be classed as some sort of outside help, if this why not laser pointers or some such thing, does anyone know where the line is drawn on assisting players games.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                I'm not quite sure if this helps or not but one thing I am surprised at is that players are allowed to use the cues during a match, I would have thought anything that helps aiming or sighting, would be classed as some sort of outside help, if this why not laser pointers or some such thing, does anyone know where the line is drawn on assisting players games.
                I think the line is drawn on the cue

Comment

That is one of the funniest things I have read, it fair tickled my fancy.

Comment

I hope Cliff never sees this but I see from the video the idea is you lay the cue on the table with the broken line straight up, then move or turn your head until the broken line becomes one and then keeping the head in the same position drop down into the shot. Since your chest will cover the line when you get down I assume you have to keep the head really still and must drop it straight down because we all know the eyes are focused on the object ball when you drop into the address position.

Excuse me please, but exactly how would this assist a player to aim better? It can't be sighting better since once he gets down into the address position the line is hidden.

This just has to be a gimmick. I wonder what the quality of the cues themselves is? Are they made in Thailand or China? I didn't check the cost but I might take a quick look and see what one of them costs with 2 extensions and shipping (not forgetting the 25% duty on this end).

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

450.70 freaking pounds to Canada for the '147' model!!!!! Obviously made in Thailand with the 'air lock' joint. Also the photo shows a case and extensions and it looks like you get a mini-butt and 3/4 extension (but no case I guess).

It's around the same price as a TW cue but of course no waiting probably. When I see Cliff I'll see what he has in stock or how quick he can order one.

Has anyone ordered one of these things? If so, what did you get?

Terry
                      Last edited by Terry Davidson; 1 March 2014, 09:15 PM.
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Fully agree with you Terry, I said it can't help on another thread about this, as the line is behind you, it may well get you standing directly behind the line as your eyes see it , but first off you have to pick the right line, and second as soon as you move and start to drop down the line has gone and it's up to you to drop down straight, isn't that what you have to do any way ?,and if you can do it you don't really need this, I don't really get it, maybe there is more to it than I can see.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                          I hope Cliff never sees this but I see from the video the idea is you lay the cue on the table with the broken line straight up, then move or turn your head until the broken line becomes one and then keeping the head in the same position drop down into the shot. Since your chest will cover the line when you get down I assume you have to keep the head really still and must drop it straight down because we all know the eyes are focused on the object ball when you drop into the address position.

Excuse me please, but exactly how would this assist a player to aim better? It can't be sighting better since once he gets down into the address position the line is hidden.

This just has to be a gimmick.

Terry
                          I think it's all about getting your feet in the correct position so that you drop down on the shot from the position that you see the unbroken line.

Comment

description reminds me of Barry Pinches' way to get down for a shot (no offense, I like the guy !) :P
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            omaha players need more than a nice pair to get excited

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              450.70 freaking pounds to Canada for the '147' model!!!!! Obviously made in Thailand with the 'air lock' joint. Also the photo shows a case and extensions and it looks like you get a mini-butt and 3/4 extension (but no case I guess).

It's around the same price as a TW cue but of course no waiting probably. When I see Cliff I'll see what he has in stock or how quick he can order one.

Has anyone ordered one of these things? If so, what did you get?

Terry
                              Hi Terry I have actually played with the one that Cliff has as a demo model. It is a very nice cue and it does come with an aluminum case. I think it is a Cue Craft case. It does work as far as making sure you drop down on the line of sight providing you can take the cue back and thru straight. There is also an aiming pad that comes with it. This part is for practice to make sure you are cueing straight once you get down over the ball.
                              " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                              " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                              http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Working...
                              X