I have an antique cue that I need information and help with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an antique cue that I need information and help with

The cue is supposedly one of the first 2pc cues manufactured. It was made by Elston & Hopkin Billiards Ltd. with an address of 7 Goldsmith St., Nottingham. It has been stamped oz 17 1/2. I have been told it is over 60 years old and it is in a mahogany solid wood case that has the odd scratch or mark.
    I'm most likely going to put it on ebay but would be interested if there are any interested parties out there or if somebody can give me an estimated cost or further information.

Is it hand spliced or machine spliced?
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

It looks like hand spliced but cannot guarantee it. I thought that all cues from a cue manufacturer around this time would have been hand spliced. Could be wrong though.

Comment

If the four points of the splices are rounded it is hand spliced, if they are sharp pointed it is machine spliced.

Comment

In which case it is machined.

Comment

Working...
          X