Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post! Just Bought a new Peradon Royal one piece.. Opinions please, Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first post! Just Bought a new Peradon Royal one piece.. Opinions please, Thanks

Hi,

Always been a competitive pool play but decided to try snooker and iv come to really like it the past few months. So iv invested in a cue, and would just like some opinions on how the cue peradon royal one piece played for them or generally peradon cues. Any information on ideal accessories i should invest in like, extensions, cases, etc be much appreciated.

Thanks George,

My first post! Just Bought a new Peradon Royal one piece.. Opinions please, Thanks

several of my pool team mates have Peradon cues, different models, all are good cues but they all needed their finish sorted from the grain on the shaft being slightly rough to the butt splicing and front splicing needing rubbing down to smooth.
    once that was done they are much better.
    Now playability is purely a personal opinion and a cue could be great for one person and crap for others.
    Hope this cue is good for you and don't give up on it too soon as it can take time to settle into a new cue, just see Shaun Murphy taking a few months to settle into his replacement cue
    welcome to TSF
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

accessories - mini butt and a telescopic extension for a start.
      Some would say those short tele-extensions is a must as well.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I have used a Peradon cues over the years and had a 3/4 Royal for last couple of years...nice cues IMHO...not particularly rated by some forum users ...not sure why. Some of the Peradon cues have varnished shafts rather than oiled finish and as a consequence can get sticky. All that is needed is light rub down with 0000 wire wool and oiling.

The Peradons I have had have been bought locally from Thurstons in Liverpool and tried before bought.

Buying email can be a lottery and the cues are sometimes under rated because of the varnish finish but the ones I have had/ chosen have been well balanced and very good for the money. The Royal is a classic plain ebony and mature ash shaft which is a quality design.

Hope you enjoy your cue..you sound like your initial impressions of it are very favourable and that bodes well for the future.

Comment

Check my thread here...

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=47751

I have somewhat gone off Peradon now but if you are happy that is cool! Mine was a 2 piece though in saying that and it did play well but no where near as good as my new Phoenix 1pc for not really that much extra.

Welcome to TSF as well mate.
          If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Peradon royal

Thanks for the responses, very hopeful. Really looking forward to getting on the table with it. But my first impressions is a nice weighted cue with a nice looking grain. Might give the shaft a rub down with something (not sure what to use) but the finish on the cue seems pretty smooth. Going to purchase an extension, most likely the 20 inch telescopic I keep seeing on the web.

Thanks for all the responses, keep them coming, any advice or opinions are very much appreciated.

Cheers George, going to get my first century with this cue.... One day :-)

Comment

I'll be interested to hear how you fare with your new cue, I'm thinking about getting the same myself (albeit the 3/4 variant).

Comment

get an extension for your cue. maybe a nice leather case? i would like a nice leather case haha. i thought of getting a peradon royal 2 piece, centre joint, just for the sake of convenience. any thoughts or reviews about this cue? thx.

Comment

this is one of many peradon cues iv worked on http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/j6uk/story/99063, after a proper finish some of them can come up quite nice

Comment

Working...
                  X