No announcement yet.

Walter Lindrum Special cue wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always bid early. Stops me getting competitive at the end.

Recently I have had a couple of "second chance offers" at my bid after the item has "sold" for a lot more. I suspect the sellers have had pals bid on the thing hoping I'd make a larger bid.

Comment

Well that's the other reason to bid late.
      I always report anyone who does that, ebay never does F.A about it though..
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I paid a very fair price for that cue. But it's not always all about money! The seller is a dealer and knows my collection and how this cue fits in. More importantly, he knows ME.
        A number of years ago an Alcock Patriotic cue was listed on eBay here in Melbourne. (it's still the only one I have ever seen). As it was close to me I went to inspect it. The lady would not end the auction early, nor would she put a buy it now price on it. I really wanted that cue so I put $550 on it right at the end. I bought it for $110! (About sixty pounds). I will always try to buy a cue to end the auction early, but I will always offer a very reasonable price.
        Of course it doesn't always work.

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
        Why do people end ebay auctions early on rare cues?

I know a couple of people that were going to bid BIG on that cue.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'd always rather a cue go to someone who'll appreciate it most, but I don't often have the money to be too sentimental.
          Keep looking for a nice Alcock for me if you will Graham, it would be nice for one to tavel in this direction for a change
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Will do Mike, not too many know what an Alcock is in the UK.

Comment

Walter Lindrum Special cue wanted

hand up
              I know about Alcock
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Walter Lindrum used an Alcock Special (pic of his cue attached). King George V an avid billiard player, also used an Alcock.
                Attached Files

Comment

That should have read "Alcock Champion"
                  Originally Posted by bongo7777 View Post
                  Walter Lindrum used an Alcock Special (pic of his cue attached). King George V an avid billiard player, also used an Alcock.

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo7777 View Post
                    Here is a pic of one. I think it belongs to Chris Lloyd.
                    The Special Cue, do you know the maker?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Morals are a funny thing, some seem to think it's bad to have your pals bid things up ,and indeed it's against the rules, but it's ok to get In touch with a seller and persuade them to pull the auction, which unless stated in the blurb is also against the rules, but if it suits it seems to be ok to break some rules and not the others, if the seller wants a certain price, put it on, or put their minimum price as a starting bid, don't start it so low then panic if the price isn't what you want, that's tough tits. Yes I'm bitter, and quite possibly a bit twisted lol.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

totally agree with you,but i always approach a sell on ebay if ime interested in a cue first,

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                          Well that's the other reason to bid late.
                          I always report anyone who does that, ebay never does F.A about it though..
                          That's the problem as long ebay get their fee's they don't give a toss, then there's those ebay sniper websites which certainly bump up prices on popular items...
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Morals are a funny thing, some seem to think it's bad to have your pals bid things up ,and indeed it's against the rules, but it's ok to get In touch with a seller and persuade them to pull the auction, which unless stated in the blurb is also against the rules, but if it suits it seems to be ok to break some rules and not the others, if the seller wants a certain price, put it on, or put their minimum price as a starting bid, don't start it so low then panic if the price isn't what you want, that's tough tits. Yes I'm bitter, and quite possibly a bit twisted lol.
                            The only way you're going to be able to move on is pay Mr.JB a visit and let him know what you think of his skullduggery... It was a very nice cue mind but it may not have played well for you personally, well that's what you have to tell yourself!
                            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Not the point Southpaw, it's the fact people moan about shill bidding, yet think it's ok to break other rules, just find it curious where the moral compass points sometimes, I am only joking about the Butters cue, couldn't give a feck to be honest, and now I'm playing well again, I don't have to blame my cue lol.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                Why do people end ebay auctions early on rare cues?

I know a couple of people that were going to bid BIG on that cue.
                                same, i know a few people who have very deep pockets for the right cue!
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X