Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Lindrum Special cue wanted

Hi,
    Any one have a Walter Lindrum Special cue they will sell?
    I know it won't be cheap! I have a couple of cues in the UK to ship here to Australia so it could travel with them.
    Thank you,
    Graham.

Not even sure what one looks like

Comment

as JRC has said, a Walter Lindrum "Special" cue?
      Have come across the record break cues, and world champion cue, even a "Fags for Fighters Fund Cue by Walter Lindrum" but not a "Special" cue. Can you be more specific?
      cheers
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo7777 View Post
        Hi,
        Any one have a Walter Lindrum Special cue they will sell?
        I know it won't be cheap! I have a couple of cues in the UK to ship here to Australia so it could travel with them.
        Thank you,
        Graham.
        Here is a pic of one. I think it belongs to Chris Lloyd.
        Attached Files

Comment

cheers for that

good luck in your search
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi Graham - did you pick up the lindrum monarch by any chance?
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello Mike,
              Yes I did buy it. The only one I have ever seen for sale! I can't remember a Special being on the market for a very long time either.
              I have never actually held a Special, but it looks like a Padmore, it has a very thin timber veneer for a badge with the letters painted in gold.
              Attached Files

Comment

I must be psychic. I knew these were the two you were after so thought you might have picked up the other when it was pulled.
                Never seen or heard of a special coming up for sale, would be interested in seeing the final value if one did though.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Why do people end ebay auctions early on rare cues?

I know a couple of people that were going to bid BIG on that cue.
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                    Why do people end ebay auctions early on rare cues?

I know a couple of people that were going to bid BIG on that cue.
                    They would of been made an offer they were happy with, if you ever see a cue that you really really want it's always best to get in touch with the seller

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      They would of been made an offer they were happy with, if you ever see a cue that you really really want it's always best to get in touch with the seller
                      Yes, but the seller may have been 'over the moon' if the auction had been allowed to run to its finish.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

People should bid early then, otherwise seller thinks there is no interest! So will sell for a decent offered rather than give it away

Comment

Yep, or as I do.
                          If I'm going to bid drop the seller a message telling him its worth £y and you plan to bid £x at the end of the auction (but he may bid you up), or tell them to contact you if someone makes them an offer as they'll only be trying to get it cheap and I'll likely pay more. At least you get the chance then.
                          Old cue collector --

Comment

I don't understand waiting till the last second to bid, it makes zero difference to whether you win it or not, if your bid is highest you will still only pay as much as is necessary.

Comment

not so mate - you can only ever pay more bidding early.
                              bidding last you *may* pay less - eg, the other person gets no time to consider another bid.
                              Old cue collector --

Comment

Working...
                              X