New cue, try before you buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue, try before you buy

Bit of background - I'm a golfer! (more of that later)
    Plans are in for my new snooker room, likely completion in the summer, fingers crossed.

Once my table is in and I've been playing on it a while, I fancy treating myself to a new cue, the Peradon £30 one I got when I was 17 just won't do!!

OK, so when I want a new golf driver, I go to my golf pro and he watches me hit balls for an hour on a launch monitor, changing makes / models, then varying lofts, face angles, shafts etc till we get the perfect fit. £300-400 well spent.

OK now to the cue - I read things on here about Mike Wooldridge cues, so, I go to his site and pick out these nuggets of information........copied from his pages.

"One of the reasons why many people choose a (genuine) hand made cue is that each one is made individually and great care is (or should be) taken in selecting wood that 'feels' just right."

"it is virtually impossible to just look at a piece of Ash and know that it is stiff or whippy. You can only tell this by picking it up and trying it."

Now to the really impressive bit of customer care. :biggrin-new:

"Q: Can I come and try out some cues?

A: No. "

"Q: Can I visit you at your workshop?

A: No. "

"Q: Can I phone you to discuss my cue requirements?

A: No."

SO.......on the one hand great care should be taken that the cue feels just right and you can only tell by trying it then when you ask to try it you might as well be told to Foxtrot Oscar - OK, I think I'll just go **** myself now then shall I??????

No wonder the country is knackered.

Rant over.

I believe Green Baize cues in the NE will do a 'try before you buy' but is there anyone else out there who will actually help a customer and give the right advice before I part with a fistful of £££
Working...
X