• Ferules standard size

Are Ferules a standard size and if not do the play a cue different

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
    sorry stevie, i don't know what tour trying to say fella

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
      I think you need to retype the question mate it makes no sense.

Do you mean are they all made the same at the beginning then cut down and fitted when on the cue?
      or do you mean are they all the same full stop. They will be all made to different sizes if you put a 11mm ferrule
      on a 8 mm tip by the time you have shaved it down to flush with the shaft there would be nothing left. The threads will be narrower
      On a smaller ferrule and larger on a bigger one so when you flush it up with the shaft the walls of the ferrule will have the same thickness.

on a 10mm cue the peg of wood that goes inside the ferrul will be thicker than the peg on say
      a 8mm cue. For someone who posts so much you realy have a very limited knowledge of snooker
      Last edited by ste bed; 16 March 2014, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Not such a nice thing to say. Stevie is a straight up guy who has just started playing snooker and has limited knowledge and so will ask daft questions now and again until he learns all the details that the rest of us know.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
          Not such a nice thing to say. Stevie is a straight up guy who has just started playing snooker and has limited knowledge and so will ask daft questions now and again until he learns all the details that the rest of us know.
          Thanks andy as long as you no what a meant

Comment

I apologise stevie i was a bit rude i was watching my team get smashed 3-0 by liverpool at the time.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
              I think you need to retype the question mate it makes no sense.

Do you mean are they all made the same at the beginning then cut down and fitted when on the cue?
              or do you mean are they all the same full stop. They will be all made to different sizes if you put a 11mm ferrule
              on a 8 mm tip by the time you have shaved it down to flush with the shaft there would be nothing left. The threads will be narrower
              On a smaller ferrule and larger on a bigger one so when you flush it up with the shaft the walls of the ferrule will have the same thickness.

on a 10mm cue the peg of wood that goes inside the ferrul will be thicker than the peg on say
              a 8mm cue. For someone who posts so much you realy have a very limited knowledge of snooker
              Sorry mate a did not post that question correct . What a meant are all Ferules a standard length ? But yes looking back it was a daft post but as you say a do have a limited knowledge of snooker and that's why a do post daft questions . As my dear old dad always told me if you don't ask you won't find out

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                I apologise stevie i was a bit rude i was watching my team get smashed 3-0 by liverpool at the time.
                Don't apologise ste bed a no you did not mean Eny harm by it and thanks for your reply mate. Sorry your team got beat mate
                Last edited by Removal man stevie; 16 March 2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I think there are different lengths Stevie, although I'm guessing here, and also different wall thicknesses , from what I have read both of these can affect the amount of throw on the white when side is played.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thanks mate that's what a meant in do the play cue different

Comment

You were lucky to get away with 3-0 Ste bed...................sorry, it's not often we get the chance to enjoy an afternoon like that 1.

Comment

Hi steve ferrul size can make a difference the smaller in depth and thinner wall makes a lot of difference.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                          Hi steve ferrul size can make a difference the smaller in depth and thinner wall makes a lot of difference.
                          Thanks Jim that's what a tried to ask

Comment

Working...
                          X