Cuetec bowtie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
    If you're only using the spike, then you can get one for half the price of the bowtie... not that you're all slaves to a pretty design.
    I've also got a screw top on a keyring style tip pik from craftsman cues, the blue version in my snooker cue case, the bowtie is in my pool cue case

Comment

I've just emailed the manufacturers explaining differences between snooker/UK pool and American pool tips and have asked if they can look in to making a smaller diameter shaper/scuffer with a finer grit. Will let you know what the response is...

Comment

Originally Posted by bradwight View Post
        I've just emailed the manufacturers explaining differences between snooker/UK pool and American pool tips and have asked if they can look in to making a smaller diameter shaper/scuffer with a finer grit. Will let you know what the response is...
        They most likely won't be interested as the setup costs will be high and it would be a move into a new market.

Comment

Aye more than likely the case although modifying the existing tool is a relatively easy option. Never know without asking though.

Comment

Originally Posted by bradwight View Post
            Aye more than likely the case although modifying the existing tool is a relatively easy option. Never know without asking though.
            Very true mate, if you don't ask, you don't get

Comment

Bought a cuetec bowtie on Friday arrived in the mail today and apart from the pricking tool what a shower of sh!t it is.
              Waste of £18.54
              "Practice Makes Perfect"
              "He Who Endures Conquers"
              "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

Originally Posted by WelshPhantom View Post
                Bought a cuetec bowtie on Friday arrived in the mail today and apart from the pricking tool what a shower of sh!t it is.
                Waste of £18.54
                Did you buy your's from Harrod's or somewhere ??? you paid way over the top

Comment

Yep a tenner of Andrew. Cant imagine life without mine. Use hard tips and need to scuff reguarly
                  "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Did you buy your's from Harrod's or somewhere ??? you paid way over the top
                    Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                    Yep a tenner of Andrew. Cant imagine life without mine. Use hard tips and need to scuff reguarly
                    I know I could have got it cheaper but I don't have PayPal.
                    "Practice Makes Perfect"

Comment

Can do bank transfer with ADR , if you need anything like this or anything to do with snooker, he's always a good first call, if he doesn't have what you want he will know where you can get it.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Can do bank transfer with ADR , if you need anything like this or anything to do with snooker, he's always a good first call, if he doesn't have what you want he will know where you can get it.
                        Cheers,reason I didn't go to ADR is I thought i would need PayPal.
                        "Practice Makes Perfect"

Comment

Originally Posted by WelshPhantom View Post
                          Waste of £18.54
                          Really ~~~~ I'm actually thinking of buying one.
                          Then I should just get a normal tip pik instead of the 3 in 1 expensive tool !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
                            Then I should just get a normal tip pik instead of the 3 in 1 expensive tool !!!
                            sold several thousand no complaints!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
                              I have had one for 2 years, bought it, seduced by the promise of what it can do, it is a beautifully made product, but
                              for American Pool only.
                              I have experimented with it on my clubs cues, when unobserved of course and all I managed to do was to destroy the the tips.
                              Snooker tips do not benefit from being spiked and ground.
                              Having one one in your kit may impress non informed people but it is a beautifully engineered piece of rubbish, unless you play American Pool.
                              " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Originally Posted by sydneygeorge View Post
                                I have had one for 2 years, bought it, seduced by the promise of what it can do, it is a beautifully made product, but
                                for American Pool only.
                                I have experimented with it on my clubs cues, when unobserved of course and all I managed to do was to destroy the the tips.
                                Snooker tips do not benefit from being spiked and ground.
                                Having one one in your kit may impress non informed people but it is a beautifully engineered piece of rubbish, unless you play American Pool.
                                don't agree - it is too abrasive is used aggressively but i find it an extremely useful tool.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X