Best way to remove old cue badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to remove old cue badges?

I need to remove an old Burroughes & Watts badge (circular type) to sand out some deep gouges to the butt. What's the best way to remove the badge without causing further damage to the cue or disc?

Thanks in advance,

Brad

Could you not cover the badge up to repair scraches ?

Comment

That's what I'd normally do mate but there's two deep gouges about a mil deep that end just before the badge so I'm looking to sand the flat portion down a bit, and refit the badge flush with the new surface. It'll end up being uneven if I leave it on and filling the gouges isn't an option as it's a mahogany butt not black ebony and would look obvious.

Comment

Good luck with that, I could never find a decent way.

Comment

might be able to steam badge so glue softens and you can prise out.

Comment

Same here Andy! Jim I might just give that a try but will give it a go on an old cue with a broken badge first. Will ket you know how I get on.

Comment

you could drill base out so badge is exposed underneath as well that would help.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                you could drill base out so badge is exposed underneath as well that would help.

I've done something similar in the past a number of times.

It needs to be measured accurately or it's disaster....... Drill into base of cue at angle, so as drill bit meets the underside of the badge. Then, get a small punch and knock badge out from below. you will need correct size drill bit and correct size punch.

It must be very carefully done. Also, it does depend on how well the badge is bonded into the butt.

Comment

a few pics may help because all the above maybe relevant, any chance?

Comment

Thanks gents, worked a trick!

I drilled an 8mm hole from the butt and dropped a bit of nail polish remover in, left it for ten mins and disc practically fell out with a wee tap from a copper drift! No damage to cue or disc other than the 8mm oval hole which I'll easily hide with new dowel.

Thanks again, great to have the experience from you guys on tap!

Comment

The knowledge on this forum is fantastic.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                      X