Mike Woolridge cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post
    I use the long extension quite a bit myself!! As pointed out comfort is key!!! Not defective just not something i would rely on.
    If it is not reliable then surely it must be rubbish ?
    I should know I own it and it is Rubbish.
    " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

I had 3 tw, 1 jp traditional , 5 aurora , 2 jason owen, 1 mac, 2 robin cook , 1 exquisite , 2 maximus ultimate , few omin and 1 mw legend and 1 mw vcm. I would say both my mw are amazing , cant fault the quality of the cues, the vcm one are one of my best and favourite cue. For the extensions , i dont find any trouble using it.
      In progressing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by sydneygeorge View Post
        Best hand made cues ?
        Really ?
        Tell us about your bench mark cues please Gem.
        You only need look at a MW cue next to a TW, Parris, or other top makers to realise Wooldridge cues are just made to a higher level of craftsmanship.
        This doesn't mean they will play better as all woods feel slightly different but for precision and finish there is no better. That is also not opinion but fact if you look at them side by side.
        Maybe the MW cue you have just isn't ideally suited to you as I don't think the extension would be a problem if it was.

Comment

But after all the preference of the cue is all down to personal. One may feel perfect for someone but like a broomstick for the other
          In progressing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by gem View Post
            Originally Posted by sydneygeorge View Post
            Best hand made cues ?
            Really ?
            Tell us about your bench mark cues please Gem.
            You only need look at a MW cue next to a TW, Parris, or other top makers to realise Wooldridge cues are just made to a higher level of craftsmanship.
            This doesn't mean they will play better as all woods feel slightly different but for precision and finish there is no better. That is also not opinion but fact if you look at them side by side.
            Maybe the MW cue you have just isn't ideally suited to you as I don't think the extension would be a problem if it was.
            Have to agree about mike s finishing and splicing work are one of the best. Cue just look beautiful with his ultrashine treatment
            In progressing!!

Comment

Going back to the op you won't be disappointed if you get s cue off mike there some of the best
              cues in the world he's definitely one of the few top cue makers in the world today. Will you like the
              cue when you get it ????who knows thats the chance you take when you have a cue made but you
              canbe assured it will be a quality cue.

Comment

Would you personally stick to Trevor White or switch to a Mike Woolridge? It does also worry me slightly that I know of no professionals who use a Woolridge cue and I have not actually ever seen anyone who uses a MW and I play league snooker plus CIU and have seen many Trevor White cues

Comment

only know of a few that use trevor white's cue. And we know Parris makes a cue for free when you get on the tour, kind explains why so many pros use them. Trevor and Mike dont give their cues away. I own both trev and mike cue, In my opinion both faultless. currently play with mike cue, 2007 model. old air lock joint and its perfect.

Comment

Dont get too hooked up on a name , the only thing to consider is the resale value if your buying blind

Comment

Originally Posted by Whirlwind Wayne View Post
                      Would you personally stick to Trevor White or switch to a Mike Woolridge? It does also worry me slightly that I know of no professionals who use a Woolridge cue and I have not actually ever seen anyone who uses a MW and I play league snooker plus CIU and have seen many Trevor White cues
                      cue is something personal. do not buy a cue just because som pro also using The same branch...maybe you can play a lot better with a cue of 60 pounds then a cue from £ 1000.!!!!! then he is the right one for you!! Mike can make à good quality cues !! but he can not work miracles with your game. You should do that yourself. And look carefully what suits your game before you place your order. Mike or any other cuemaker create for you, whatever you ask him. he can not from 100 miles away see what suits your game. I hope you enjoy your new cue and your game.

Comment

Working...
                      X