Mac Chambers unusual cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Chambers unusual cue

Hi, complete novice to the forum but well chuffed to have found it! As a bit of a novice collector, I'd be intrigued if any cue experts or collectors on here could shed any light on a cue I have recently purchased. It came as a pair with a 1 piece 1st edition Burwat Champion, so here goes.
    It's a long ash shaft with ebony splicing, almost like the top section of a regular 3/4 cue but longer. It measures 133cm with a male thread. The bottom/ butt of this cue is timber, female thread with a telescopic extender. I appreciate this sounds a bit odd, but can only guess it's something that was made when butt sockets never really existed, to almost have your own fully extendable cue? It has a custom cues sticker on it by Mac Chambers with an address in Rushden with an old style landline contact number.
    I'm grateful for your time guys, and any ideas would be appreciated.

Pics mate help lots

Comment

I recently sold a Britannia cue with a built in extender. 3/4 ebony butt in ash shaft then an invisible joint halfway up the butt with a screw lock 6" extender built in. Nice cue but extender was a bit wobbly when locked out for serious use , got £50 for it on ebay.

Comment

Thanks guys, will try to get pics up, have to try working it out as brand new to this and says I can't upload at mo? Junior members eh ha.

Comment

Cheers bradwight, this one is way too long as an any shot playing cue though. It's almost been custom made as a personal extendable fishing tackle? Maybe the old chap just didn't want a socket put in the Burwat? Don't know, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys, bit of a technophobe. I think this link works! Picture of the cues just shows the shaft length of the Mac Chambers.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...psahnij7bm.jpg

Comment

Is that Parris for sale ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Is that Parris for sale ?
                Haha you got in quick. I had the same question in mind :P

Comment

Originally Posted by Shads147 View Post
                  Sorry for the delay guys, bit of a technophobe. I think this link works! Picture of the cues just shows the shaft length of the Mac Chambers.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...psahnij7bm.jpg
                  Maybe its portable tackle

Comment

Unfortunately guys sorry, it's sure not. Had it since 14 years of age in 1988! Means too much to me. Sad eh for a blimin stick.

Comment

Unfortunately guys sorry, it's sure not. Had it since 14 years of age in 1988! Means too much to me. Sad eh for a blimin stick.
                      What are the specs on it, looks very nice

Comment

Sad eh for a blimin stick.
                        Definitely not sad, you are in the right place now with TSF! many sadoes here
                        Did you get the JP new?
                        ps welcome to TSF
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

What model is the Parris cue

Comment

It's not really a model. It's pre the model range when the cues were numbered and made by hand by Mr Parris. This ones 353, the other one I have is 407.

Comment

It's not really a model. It's pre the model range when the cues were numbered and made by hand by Mr Parris. This ones 353, the other one I have is 407.
                              can we have pics of 407 please
                              were they new when you got them? when did you get 407?
                              cheers
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X