• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Mac Chambers unusual cue

nice collection
      is that a green Mascot far left and what is the far right unbadged and the next one in?
      (on phone at the mo so can't zoom in much)
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Guys, I've now mailed more pics to adr147 as requested. Cheers for for interest.
        To answer some questions, 353 was bought in 1988. £182 for the cue and £20 for the solid ash extension butt. I still have the receipts after meeting Mr Parris at an exhibition in Manchester, then going to his workshop for a tour etc. the specs for this one are 57 1/4 inch, 9.4mm, 30mm butt and 18.1oz.

449 is 58 inches, 9mm tip, 29.5 butt and 19oz. This was purchased late 89 without digging out receipts.

Thanks for the interest fellas and the warm welcome.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          You have a cue for 'number twos'??? You really are obsessed as even I leave mine at the toilet door
          Lol, it's best to have a cue for all occasions
          Some nice cues there shads !

Comment

That is a first edition mascot first left mate. A totally original one with wafer and varnish. Far right is the cue I use now after taking up snooker again. Made by jimmy butters. And the one in was made by Paul at Stamford cuemakers about 6 years ago when contemplating the game again.

Comment

Cheers jrc. Apart from the butters that I use now, and the Stamford that was dine about six years ago, the rest haven't been out the cases for about 20 years!

Comment

Mac Chambers unusual cue

ah a Stamford
                with a blank centre that would be a series 2 would it not?
                there are many unbadged Butters cue, as the story goes he only got a few badges and doesn't want to get any more

Comment

Originally Posted by Shads147 View Post
                  the rest haven't been out the cases for about 20 years!
                  bet it has been a joy to get them all out again

Comment

It has mate. I've collected since teens, and these are just a few of them much to the mrs's happiness! Not. Only really got back into it over the last 4 months after leaving it 20 years ago. Enjoying playing again.
                    When I bought from Paul at Stamford 6 or so years ago I didn't think he done series then? Not sure. And as for James butters, I've known him for quite some time and for the money? I really think he makes a cracking cue.

Comment

Mac Chambers unusual cue

you have definitely found your spiritual home here at TSF
                      wasn't sure when Stamford started doing the series.

Comment

Working...
                      X