resale value of wooldridge cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resale value of wooldridge cues

Whats happened to the resale value of mike wooldridge cues? They used to bring good prices been watching
    them on ebay recently and there not making anywhere near what they used to.i was thinking about putting 1
    I have here up for sale a 2006 3q plain ebony and ash 57in 9.5mm tip butt around 28.5/29mm around 19oz with
    mini butt Now i know everyone says this but the shaft on this cue is unbelievable. for those who like arrows running all
    The way down the shaft its perfect even spaced about 3in apart look like they have been drawn on had this cue for
    Years its flawless I will put some pics up tomorrow to see interest not used it for years but with what there fetching I
    might be keeping it for a while yet.

Please do put up some pics, he does make some excellent cues.

Comment

Dont think its just Wooldridge , cues are getting harder to sell than they were.

Comment

Mike won't like what I'm going to say here but I'll say it anyway! I think the single biggest factor for Mike is the fact that he has chopped and changed his cues and brought out so many different ideas that I think it comes across as too gimmicky. All these new fancy fangled end joints, the names he gives them F1, blackspin etc, players who really play to a good standard don't need all this as a normal cue with a standard ferrule, standard joint etc is all you need to play this game to any standard.

Sure some players and people buy into this but it can go the other way and I think that is what has happened. Its more apparant by the fact the older Wooldridge cues tend to be more sought after than any of his recent offerings so that again is evidence of this.

One other point is, not one top player in the game has ever used a Wooldridge cue at least to my knowledge, and by top player I mean a household name, not someone ranked outside the top 64 who you may see one a season if you are lucky. That too detracts people from buying. You only have to see how Trevor's order book went ballistic once Higgins had success with using a cue of his and of course the resale value is similar to that of Parris.

Comment

Cueman i think Trevs orders were full before he made a cue for Higgins , they have been for a while .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            Cueman i think Trevs orders were full before he made a cue for Higgins , they have been for a while .
            Yes but mainly through this site. Trevor never closed his book prior to higgins using his cue and his waiting time was about 9-12 months. Now as we know he closed his book but I don't know the current state of his orders and whether he is taking them again.

Comment

Dont think its just Wooldridge , cues are getting harder to sell than they were.
              Not so sure about that parris cues are selling as well as ever when you think about it where a small
              community I bet 70% of snooker players in this country have never heard of mike. In the leagues I play in
              theres not so many players that are into cues I would say 80% have no idea at all and the ones that do just
              know parris.

I have been into cues since I started playing around 1995 and can pretty much tell what a plsyer is using from my seat
              on a league night. I play in 2 league tuesdays/thursdays probably 400 players in both plus all that have come and gone
              over the years seen 2 people using a wooldridge in all them years. I have a theory why they dont sell like they used to
              but I dont want to put it up as it might put ideas in peoples heads its something I have heard off alot of people even a well
              known cue seller.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                Please do put up some pics, he does make some excellent cues.
                He does on build quality attention to detail I would say there's none better doesn't mean they suit everyone
                but on quality there imo the best you can buy.

Comment

Im sure they are but the majority of players that buy Parris cue dont know nothing about cues and couldnt name you another three or four other top cue makers so they blinkered by the name . Other top makes are not selling like they were a while ago

Comment

I don't see a drop in the custom stuff. The plain black stuff has dropped a bit but that's because of "sin bin", "workshop clearance" and what not. There's one on here just now £400 delivered with a telescopic so if the guy paid the right money for it, he's losing what? £150ish?

I bought one recently and I've not had a game with it yet, it's up for sale along with every other cue I own other than my old H&O'B but when I get round to trying it, it might well be "the one". Personally I'd rather leave em under the bed than give em away.

I don't think its a big issue and I'd be very surprised if Mike cares, his product is top notch and I'll wager he's not short of orders.
                    Last edited by jb134; 1 April 2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Im sure they are but the majority of players that buy Parris cue dont know nothing about cues and couldnt name you another three or four other top cue makers so they blinkered by the name . Other top makes are not selling like they were a while ago
                      +100 to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the past three years, I have seen more than 50 Parris Cues for sale on Ebay or here at the forum or ......
                      but not even 10 MW cues for sale.
                      And that says it all. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                        +100 to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the past three years, I have seen more than 50 Parris Cues for sale on Ebay or here at the forum or ......
                        but not even 10 MW cues for sale.
                        And that says it all. !!!!!!!!!!!!
                        What exactly is it that that says please?

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                          What exactly is it that that says please?
                          What do you think that it says? If you wait two years for a cue, and then within two weeks you are going to sell it. I'm guessing you're not happy with your cue. Unless you have another theory!! I'd like to hear it ( please ). Never to Late to learn something new,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                            What do you think that it says? If you wait two years for a cue, and then within two weeks you are going to sell it. I'm guessing you're not happy with your cue. Unless you have another theory!! I'd like to hear it ( please ). Never to Late to learn something new,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            It is, which is why I asked. I'm disappointed.

To make a comparison you'd need to know how many cues Parris sold in the period and how many Mike sold. You'd need to know the reasons for the sales. You'd need to know how many people waited two years and then immediately out the cue up for sale. You'd need to know how many simply bought in order to try to profiteer by obviating the waiting time. Possibly you have these and the other meaningful figures at your fingertips.

When you posted saying "that says it all" and I asked the question, imagine my disappointment when your next post contained the phrase "I'm guessing".

In short, I'm not sure what it says, I thought you were but it looks like you're guessing.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                              It is, which is why I asked. I'm disappointed.

To make a comparison you'd need to know how many cues Parris sold in the period and how many Mike sold. You'd need to know the reasons for the sales. You'd need to know how many people waited two years and then immediately out the cue up for sale. You'd need to know how many simply bought in order to try to profiteer by obviating the waiting time. Possibly you have these and the other meaningful figures at your fingertips.

When you posted saying "that says it all" and I asked the question, imagine my disappointment when your next post contained the phrase "I'm guessing".

In short, I'm not sure what it says, I thought you were but it looks like you're guessing.
                              to cut a phrase short people are blinded by parris cues , end of

Comment

Working...
                              X