resale value of wooldridge cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    Im sure they are but the majority of players that buy Parris cue dont know nothing about cues and couldnt name you another three or four other top cue makers so they blinkered by the name . Other top makes are not selling like they were a while ago
    The majority of people that buy any type of cues don't know anything about cues. The majority of people that buy cars don't know anything about cars. The majority of people that buy sofas don't know anything about sofas. What's your point?

What's it got to do with the resale value of MW cues?

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
      It is, which is why I asked. I'm disappointed.

To make a comparison you'd need to know how many cues Parris sold in the period and how many Mike sold. You'd need to know the reasons for the sales. You'd need to know how many people waited two years and then immediately out the cue up for sale. You'd need to know how many simply bought in order to try to profiteer by obviating the waiting time. Possibly you have these and the other meaningful figures at your fingertips.

When you posted saying "that says it all" and I asked the question, imagine my disappointment when your next post contained the phrase "I'm guessing".

In short, I'm not sure what it says, I thought you were but it looks like you're guessing.
      I said my opinion and I'm stand on it !!!!!! if you think otherwise, that's your right. Not interested in your feelings. so, if you're disappointed, try to deal with it. btw, it's true, Parris Cues sells more than MW.

Comment

well in this area i do know a bit! and all cues take a big dip jan-april and then take off when snooker is on the tv and people suddenly think they can play, sad but true.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          well in this area i do know a bit! and all cues take a big dip jan-april and then take off when snooker is on the tv and people suddenly think they can play, sad but true.
          a bit ?????? lol,
          you sell them. is your job. I think you know a little more than (a bit).!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
            I said my opinion and I'm stand on it !!!!!! if you think otherwise, that's your right. Not interested in your feelings. so, if you're disappointed, try to deal with it. btw, it's true, Parris Cues sells more than MW.
            Not at all, I understand now. I thought you were posting from some sort of knowledge or logic, you were only guessing and giving your opinion. It's my fault, unless people say "I think", or "in my opinion", or something like that, I just assume they know what they are talking about. My mistake.

Comment

The majority of people that buy any type of cues don't know anything about cues. The majority of people that buy cars don't know anything about cars. The majority of people that buy sofas don't know anything about sofas. What's your point?

What's it got to do with the resale value of MW cues?
              Because people will do some research and hunting around when buyin sofas , cars , houses, electrical gadgets etc etc but when it comes to cues so many think that Parris is the only cue maker around or believe he makes the best cues . FACT
              Last edited by hotpot; 2 April 2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                Took the words out of my mouth.
                Always a pleasure

Comment

Because people will do some research and hunting around when buyin sofas , cars , houses, electrical gadgets etc etc but when it comes to cues so many think that Parris is the only cue maker around or believe he makes the best cues . FACT
                  So you're crediting cue buyers with less research skills and intelligence than sofa buyers? In this day and age with a wider range of available communication and information than previously in the history of mankind?

Again, do you have the figures to back up this "fact" or is it just a mattr of typing "blah blah blah blah FACT" and that being accepted as gospel?

Comment

So you're crediting cue buyers with less research skills and intelligence than sofa buyers? In this day and age with a wider range of available communication and information than previously in the history of mankind?

Again, do you have the figures to back up this "fact" or is it just a mattr of typing "blah blah blah blah FACT" and that being accepted as gospel?
                    Just speaking from experience , having sold and bought a few hundred cues , many overseas so know how many people are blinkered by Parris , when you mention you have a lovely Coutts , Cook , Glover , Stamford , Wooly , Aurora , N W for sale , ah whos that , say no more .
                    And no im not blowing my own trumpet but ive enough experience to know that people in their droves are blinkered by Parris . Thats not knocking him as i have nothing bad to say about their cues .
                    Last edited by hotpot; 2 April 2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Just speaking from experience , having sold and bought a few hundred cues , many overseas so know how many people are blinkered by Parris , when you mention you have a lovely Coutts , Cook , Glover , Stamford , Wooly , Aurora , N W for sale , ah whos that , say no more .
                      And no im not blowing my own trumpet but ive enough experience to know that people in their droves are blinkered by Parris . Thats not knocking him as i have nothing bad to say about their cues .
                      A simple "no" would have sufficed.

Comment

A simple "no" would have sufficed.
                        Ok you win , ive prob sold more cues than you have held . Just wished id logged them all in my little diary , sill me .

Comment

Not at all, I understand now. I thought you were posting from some sort of knowledge or logic, you were only guessing and giving your opinion. It's my fault, unless people say "I think", or "in my opinion", or something like that, I just assume they know what they are talking about. My mistake.
                          Maybe people know indeed what they are talking about. but they do'nt want to argue with you obout it !!!!!!!! thats their right.too . If you do'nt want to accept that ,.at least try to respect that choice !!!!!! ( please ).

Comment

+100 to that !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                              Maybe people know indeed what they are talking about. but they do'nt want to argue with you obout it !!!!!!!! thats their right.too . If you do'nt want to accept that ,.at least try to respect that choice !!!!!! ( please ).
                              I don't disrespect your opinion or your right to express the opinion.

Comment

Ok you win , ive prob sold more cues than you have held . Just wished id logged them all in my little diary , sill me .
                                You've not. I assure you.

Look you're a guy that wants to come on websites post opinions and then write the word fact in capital letters. Am happy to learn and to respect opinions as the ridiculous ones can be easily set aside but when I see the word "fact", I expect a bit of proof. For the record it's not about "winning", it's an internet thread and in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                                X