No announcement yet.

resale value of wooldridge cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ i only wanted to know peoples opinions on why wooldridge cues dont seem to have anywhere near the same
    resell value as say white, parris or even coutts.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      Christ i only wanted to know peoples opinions on why wooldridge cues dont seem to have anywhere near the same
      resell value as say white, parris or even coutts.
      My thoughts are...

Mike is a terrific craftsman and is one of the most active marketers of any cue maker outside of the mass producers and John Parris. He does give some of his products names such as F1 for his new style joint, which he tells us came about from discussions with his engineer about how snugly the joint should fit together and the engineer joked along the lines of "Christ Mike those are Formula One tolerances!". Concocted story or fact? You decide.

One of his biggest marketing mistakes in my eyes is releasing cut price cues either through his 'Sin Bin' sales or his seasonal clear outs, which only detract from the value of his products. Recently I have been checking the second hand sales of Mike's cues against the sales that he has listed through his facebook page so I can identify any cues by their grain pattern that had been purchased at £275 and are up for sale at £425. There have been a couple so far.

To my knowledge John Parris, Dave Coutts, or Trevor White do not make their cast offs so readily available and traceable. This may be a factor.

One other situation is that Ebay is full of Parris cues for sale at and very close to their price as new from JP and often above. You can list a cue for any price you like but it does not mean that they are sold for that price and many are relisted again and again. There is nowhere near the same volume of cues from the other makers for sale in the market place at any one time as there are with JP cues which can also affect the value as when there are so many JP classics listed for sale at £325 then a buyer can often assume that this is the market price for this cue. A buyer does not have the same price information for many other maker's cues at any one time. Of course they can do their research by viewing completed listings and sold items but they seldom do.

How's that for on track?
      On Cue Facebook Page
      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        Just speaking from experience , having sold and bought a few hundred cues , many overseas so know how many people are blinkered by Parris , when you mention you have a lovely Coutts , Cook , Glover , Stamford , Wooly , Aurora , N W for sale , ah whos that , say no more .
        And no im not blowing my own trumpet but ive enough experience to know that people in their droves are blinkered by Parris . Thats not knocking him as i have nothing bad to say about their cues .
        true enough, there is still a tendancy towards Parris for the first time quality cue buyer but they do not hold there prices or sell as easily as Trevor Whites and Mike Wooldridges.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          true enough, there is still a tendancy towards Parris for the first time quality cue buyer but they do not hold there prices or sell as easily as Trevor Whites and Mike Wooldridges.
          Rubbish parris cues hold there value better than anyother maker

Comment

Rubbish parris cues hold there value better than anyother maker
            I am sorry but that is not true.

Comment

Parris cues may hold their value better perhaps where a couple of others might exceed their value?

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                Parris cues may hold their value better perhaps where a couple of others might exceed their value?
                possibly, but I think it matters more which parris cue it is - ultimates don't fetch the silly money the russian asks for but hold their price as does the professional and the classic but for example the ambassador loses money and all the limited editions lose money, not sure why but I notice the trends because it effects what I will pay for them!

Comment

True about the ambassabor maybe because they mostly always have a 9mm tip but in general parris cues sell very well ultimates, superiors, classics and traditionals all seem to bring good prices.

Comment

True about the ambassabor maybe because they mostly always have a 9mm tip but in general parris cues sell very well ultimates, superiors, classics and traditionals all seem to bring good prices.
                    yes the traditional holds up well - a good design to buy from all makers that. a good rule as well is stick to 17.5-18.5 57-58 and 9.5mm

Comment

maybe we should ask mike, let someone else make your cues
                      and let people wait two years for a cue. so that we can all make a profit from his cues. who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can I say something here in Brazil players only know John Parris.
                        Trevor asked to make a suggestion, and when we arrived here in Brazil nobody knew who he was, is an excellent suggestion, perfect.
                        I had a JP Ultimate and found bad, wait two years and then have to cue a disappointment, this can not happen.
                        When we asked Mike, Trevor, Jason and other manufacturers make a suggestion clues, they will manufacture and not employees.
                        John Parris cue, not the employees who do the clues lead the John Parris, but were not made ​​by him.
                        I'm waiting for a suggestion Jason Owen, I hope it did not disappoint me.
                        About two years ago, I want to buy a series 1 stamford suggestion, e-mail and never diplomatic answer, not exquisite cues also sell to Brazil, here is a great trade lanes.
                        Anyway not worth waiting two years for a JP suggestion end has only one name.

Comment

How do the cues made in Thialand sell in your part of the world Tira? Has their reputation made it to South America ?
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I have a friend who uses a Acuerate 147
                            only 1
                            In a country that has more than 200 million people

Comment

Could be your chance to set up an outlet for them. Is snooker popular in South America ?
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Surely you have cue makers in Brazil? There must be some nice exotic hardwoods coming out of the Amazon?! If not, I'm sure someone will be able to strike a deal exchanging finished cues for decent timber?!

Comment

Working...
                                X