• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tira ficha View Post
    I have a friend who uses a Acuerate 147
    only 1
    In a country that has more than 200 million people
    Accurate is not made in Thailand, tira. btw, is the first time I hear they playing snooker in Brazil. I did'nt know that. is interesting.

Comment

In my opinion, people buying cues are basically in three categories. Players, traders and collectors (Sometimes a hybrid of these three). Players are the end user of a cue and they buy cues because they want to play with them. Traders buy cues because they want to sell them for a profit. Collectors buy cues because they want to keep them for some reasons. Reasons can be a childhood dream or anything one can imagine.

If the retail price of a brand/model of cue is lower than the generally perceived value (GPV) of it; it would attract not only the players but also the traders to bid on them. The greater the margin between the retail price and the GPV, the more traders will be attracted to it.

We all know that traders have no interest in having the cues for good. Normally cues will eventually be ended up in players or collectors hands (the worst will go to fire place haha); However, traders' demand even is temporarily, it would twist the normal supply and demand and push the price of the cue upwards. By carefully leaving a margin between the retail price and the GPV of the cue will create a want for the trader, if the margin is properly managed, the GPV of a cue will be increased in time (because of the increase in demand when trader put in their money to stock up cues) and the retail price can be followed comfortably to cope with it (say 10 to 15% a year). This is a vicious cycle and sometimes end up in bubble.

To come back to the original question, why the resale value of mike cue is not that great when compares to other? I think the retail price of mike cue has allow very little margin for traders to move in; more specifically, the retail price of Mike’s cues has already very close to the GPV of them. If traders were not got involved, the supply/demand curve is not disturbed, cues can be delivered within a reasonable timeframe. There is no point for players not to buy directly from Mike unless the second hand cues in the market are sold at a discount. This is my guessing why Mike’s cues are not performing great in the second hand market. Mike knows very well how good are his cues so he asked for what he deserved. It is good news to both Mike and the players because Mike sells his cues at a good price and players can have a masterpiece at a reasonable time.

This is just my thought.
      Snooker will rise once again

Comment

A friend is selling a John Parris Ultimate number 1120
        Value £ 820.00
        one piece
        measures
        weight 18.25 oz
        9mm tip
        29mm butt
        length 56 (142cm)
        mini protractor

I'm not able to post pictures
        if you want to see pictures email to delinocantuaria@hotmail.com
        can be paid by paypal

Comment

Let me tell you why.

Because people don't have to wait 2-3 years for a wooldridge cue.
          If someone want a wooldridge he can buy one form Mike for 450 and have it in 1-2 months.

VCM cues are already very expensive and are very good. Only very few owners will sell them.

Comment

people are looking too much into details here - a cue is a cue and mikes cues are good, mike produces far less cues than parris for example so far less are on the market but trust when i say they sell very well second hand.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mike-Woold...item4d1be6a801

Comment

Saw this... Both extensions too! Good deal if it's your spec
                James lovell

Comment

Originally Posted by jlowap View Post
                  Saw this... Both extensions too! Good deal if it's your spec
                  and sold already!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    and sold already!
                    That was quick.... Wonder if it was full price or an offer!
                    James lovell

Comment

Originally Posted by jlowap View Post
                      That was quick.... Wonder if it was full price or an offer!
                      It says best offer accepted, so there's your answer

Comment

This cue should has been sold under its purchased value. It somehow reconfirm the title of this thread that Mike's cue resale value is not that great but it can go very quickly.
                        Snooker will rise once again

Comment

Going to put the wooldridge cue up for sale later tonight if anyone is interested its one of his older cues 2006 you
                          dont see many of the older ones come up for sale

Comment

resale value of wooldridge cues

Always interested in quality cues mate - I can wait till you post or you can pm me
                            Last edited by Stupree; 13 May 2014, 08:28 PM.
                            On Cue Facebook Page
                            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                              Going to put the wooldridge cue up for sale later tonight if anyone is interested its one of his older cues 2006 you
                              ebay always the best bet imo as you never know who's sitting there watching it ready to throw in a bid, where selling on here is a very small market

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                                Refresh our memories any pics and specs

Comment

Working...
                                X