Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to try out cues - Based in Cornwall

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of a new cue, maybe go back to 1 piece.

BUT, this time I want to try a few out rather than distance buying.

Where is the nearest place to Cornwall with a decent selection of cues to try please??

I am happy to travel a fair distance but there needs to be a limit.

Matthew

Don't all suggest at once

Comment

There are clubs in Falmouth , St.Ives ( I think ) and Bodmin .There is someone on e-bay atm selling a Merral , their handle is " thefl1ckster " and they are in Looe . Perhaps a message via e-bay might give more information i.e. availability of cues in the S.W. There was a chap making cues in your area , but I cant remember who it was .Cornwall is a bit of a dead spot really and I know you said that you didnt mind travelling but visiting Mike Wooldridge is NOT an option , Jason Owen is in the Poole direction and they are probably the closest , unless you travel up to Bristol. My advice is to phone the clubs listed above and ask them if they have any cues , new or secondhand , that you can try , otherwise its e-bay , TSF and " pot luck " as to getting what you want. Perhaps if you list what specs you may be interesred in then you might get a few offers from forum members. Exeter & Plymouth have clubs as well if you want to go up to Devon . There is a site " The Cue Shop " based in Honiton , I think it is an online business , but you can visit if you make arrangements.The Liberal Club in Bideford used to run a snooker league and had a web site for the 2013/14 season perhaps they might be able to point you in the right direction . Sorry I cant help more , good luck .
      Last edited by old school; 15 April 2014, 08:52 AM. Reason: addendum.

Comment

The Liberal Club in Bideford used to run a snooker league and had a web site for the 2013/14 season perhaps they might be able to point you in the right direction
        I live in Torrington, Devon and play in the Bideford league.. its alive and well!

I too have no idea where to go look at cues around here!
        James lovell

Comment

Whats in Bristol?

I have seen Bernard Harvey down here but not a fan of peradon.
          There is Blue moon leisure in ilfracombe who are very good and have a good choice but nothing thats floating my boat.

Comment

In Bristol there is World Snooker Services ( Bristol Darts ) on Fishponds Rd , if its still there and does " try before you buy " , table recovering etc ( good website ) .South West Pool & Snooker on Daventry Rd , Knowle and Home Leisure Direct are in Bristol or thereabouts. Hope this helps.

Comment

Ok, I have to travel to Kent soon.
              Anyone I can visit on way or near by??

Comment

you could always try Frank Sandell (on TSF) he has a superb place in the Poole/Brighton area (IIRC)
                www.franksandellcuesport.co.uk
                I would give yourself plenty of time to be there though with all the memorabilia that he has
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks, I have dropped them an email

Comment

Originally Posted by mattdoombar View Post
                    Thanks, I have dropped them an email
                    that is a him not a them
                    I am sure you will have a great time at his place.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

get on a plane come and see me!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                      X