Tony Glover cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Glover cue

I have been looking at this cue on eBay and it seems very cheap for a Glover cue and worth a punt at does it look genuine.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-piece-To...item43c868a1ca

Already been discussed elsewhere, it was not made by Glover, Edit, but still very nice and a bargain i would say
    See here http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...380#post768380
    Last edited by jrc750; 14 April 2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

mate the cue is a stunner and I mean a stunner I owned it for a short period of time.

Comment

You mean glover cue has fake version?

Comment

Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
          mate the cue is a stunner and I mean a stunner I owned it for a short period of time.
          If it was so good , why did u sell it?

Comment

Originally Posted by airforce12 View Post
            You mean glover cue has fake version?
            It has a Glover badge so has been mistakenly listed as a Glover cue that's all

Comment

Cue has been re listed correctly now that i know the history of the cue.

still a very nice playing cue and still cheap in my opinion.
              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by matt926_uk View Post
                If it was so good , why did u sell it?
                Quite simply the tip was to big for me and the cue was not stiff enough mate . I don't buy cues to sit and admire I like to
                use them and this all though visually stunning did not suit me.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Already been discussed elsewhere, it was not made by Glover, Edit, but still very nice and a bargain i would say
                  See here http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...380#post768380
                  I think that's why Glover cues have a pretty rubbish resale value, especially the replica cues - because he'll put his badges on anything and it's never clear if he actually made the cue or not. I had a couple of replica cues from donor cues made, and they sold for ~£120-£140 ea which is about all the stood me at... that was listing them correctly as what they were.
                  Since then the cues have appeared for sale since as genuine original cues, or genuine Tony Glover cues - member on here have even bought them, so I won't be doing it again.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                    Cue has been re listed correctly now that i know the history of the cue.

still a very nice playing cue and still cheap in my opinion.
                    It does look the part.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                      It does look the part.
                      thanks john.
                      Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Anyone looking for a glover, I've a nice maple glover eureka.

9.4mm tip
                        18.5 ozs
                        balance point 16"s
                        length 58"
                        shaft stiff 4 beautiful tulip splices

Quality.

Usual story to big and long for me, I buy them because I like them then I do t have the heart to chop them to my own specs. Then I feel guilty about just opening the box once in a while to look at em. So, pm me with an offer and I'll send you pics. If you want extra pics with side grain, engineering straight edge, full moon in background etc etc please also send a copy of a certificate saying you have done a century in competition on a match table.

Comment

Full moon could be a new angle to sell cues, cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Full moon could be a new angle to sell cues, cheers
                            Honestly mate, last one I sold I must have taken 40 pics. Don't get me wrong, it was an expensive cue but you don't get that many pics off Parris of an ultimate and that's a grand!

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                              Anyone looking for a glover, I've a nice maple glover eureka.
                              So, pm me with an offer and I'll send you pics. If you want extra pics with side grain, engineering straight edge, full moon in background etc etc please also send a copy of a certificate saying you have done a century in competition on a match table.
                              Like it
                              James lovell

Comment

Working...
                              X