The value of John Parris Master cue with decorative splicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The value of John Parris Master cue with decorative splicing

Hi all, l was thinking of selling this JP Master cue with splicing but not sure about the value, suggestions please.
    Yes, I was thinking of it's a fake, pic of the cue has sent to Parris Cue, they replied with an email below.

Ordinary ones go for around 170/200 is it 3q or a centre split its looks genuine to me put up a picture of the joint and the splices.
    another thing that caught my eye is if you look closely at the top of yhe decorative splicing where the brown wood meets the red veneer
    And the red meets the black enony you can see a deep shiney tip. imo this is the brown glue that he used in the past which bled Into the other woods.
    Last edited by ste bed; 17 April 2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      Ordinary ones go for around 170/200 is it 3q or a centre split its looks genuine to me put up a picture of the joint and the splices.
      another thing that caught my eye is if you look closely at the top of yhe decorative splicing where the brown wood meets the red veneer
      And the red meets the black enony you can see a deep shiney tip. imo this is the brown glue that he used in the past which bled Into the other woods.
      Here you are, more pictures. Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

i would say that is about bang on.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It looks in very good condition and I would say 100% genuine it even as a sd joint for extensions which is a plus if your looking to sell it would put it on ebay
          you might get a few people who really want it and might push the price up quite abit. They are a quite sort after cue especially with the extra splicing as long as the specs are pretty standard you should have no problem selling it.

Comment

It looks in very good condition and I would say 100% genuine it even as a sd joint for extensions which is a plus if your looking to sell it would put it on ebay
            you might get a few people who really want it and might push the price up quite abit. They are a quite sort after cue especially with the extra splicing as long as the specs are pretty standard you should have no problem selling it.
            Thanks a lot Ste, you are the expert. Don't know if I gonna sell it or not as it's so unique, but not putting on eBay cus heard so many non paying cases. I may sell it here on this forum , will put a fax price on it if I decide to sell it. Btw the spec are 9.6 tip 18.2 oz, 29.6 butt , was 59", but I shorten to 58". Thanks again for all gentlemen here , just love this forum very much.

Comment

Dan lf you decide to sell let me know may be interested. Where you based by the way.

Comment

Originally Posted by belld View Post
                Dan lf you decide to sell let me know may be interested. Where you based by the way.
                Hi Belld, I'll pm you if I gonna to sell this cue, I'm located in Hong Kong. Probably make my decision after my Easter vacation next week, thank you for your interest. Have a wonderful Easter holiday everyone.

Comment

might break 200 on ebay but with fees you would be lucky to beat the figures quoted.

Comment

it is not unique i have sold a few over the years!

Comment

Its not unique but I would say they are pretty rare you dont see many of them and adr147 is probably right about ebay you would
                      need to get 230 to clear 200 after fees but if you get a few people who really want it its possible specs help alot to bang on for most
                      players.
                      Last edited by ste bed; 18 April 2014, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        might break 200 on ebay but with fees you would be lucky to beat the figures quoted.
                        Hi Andrew, yes I've seen two on the EBay including this one so far. So what's your suggestion if I gonna to sell it ? EBay or here ? And where did you sell yours? Thanks for your help Andrew.

Comment

Its not unique but I would say they are pretty rare you dont see many of them and adr147 is probably right about ebay you would
                          need to get 230 to clear 200 after fees but if you get a few people who really want it its possible specs help alot to bang on for most
                          players.
                          As I said just love this forum, two experts are helping me ^_^

Comment

The cue is now selling on EBay gentlemen, wish me good luck.
                            Thanks everyone for helping my sales.
                            http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=251509922970

Comment

Working...
                            X