Waiting time on Coutts Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting time on Coutts Cues

Hello every one, does anyone aware of waiting list on Dave Coutts Cues? Chap in my club was sharing his thought regarding this brand and mentioned he ordered one 18 + moths ago. What on hell you can do to a cue to make people waiting 18 moths?

I order mine on september 2012 no news yet
    In progressing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by cuefather View Post
      Hello every one, does anyone aware of waiting list on Dave Coutts Cues? Chap in my club was sharing his thought regarding this brand and mentioned he ordered one 18 + moths ago. What on hell you can do to a cue to make people waiting 18 moths?
      keep the prices high...
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

as far as i know dave hand planes all his cues, he waits for wood to stablise in between planing times so the shaft keeps straight. might be something to do with that?

Comment

18 month sounds about right...a lad in my team ordered one and it's around 15 month now I think..it's nearly ready

Comment

I may have to start making my own cues.No wonder why Parris Ultimates sells for crazy money. I thought people just adding extra waiting time on them cues. I can't be bother waiting that long. Was looking around for a new cue but have to settle for a second hand or give up snooker and play golfig:

Comment

Try Andy Travis his cues are fantastic and the wait time is about 2/3 weeks
              Last edited by ardvark66; 17 April 2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

As I work on my own and make my cues the traditional way by hand with a hand plane and then hand sand the cue from start to finish , I also hand pick all my wood from various timber yards all over the country and have a lot of shafts that are still not what people want eg even arrows all going the same way , it takes a long time taking shafts down gradually only to find this out , even though they will still be good playing cues , 90% of all the nice arrow shafts you see on all these cues from makers churning out loads of cues are not from England they are from Thailand that's a fact , I do several ranges of cues like the supreme cue that was Bourne out of frustration of finding the ash that everyone wants , then there is the handmade by Dave coutts , notice I put handmade by and not just handmade that is a very loose term to use as anyone could have made it and is often the case , then there is a new cue that I call the old England cue using good ash but not the nice even all facing the same way arrow shaft , these cues are all handmade by me , on top of this I'm one of the few makers still doing repairs , And then there is emails and telephone calls to answer plus trying to be a husband and a father to my family , so for me there is not enough hours in the day and despite this high workload and all the other makes of cues I sell and accessories and doing things honestly with all the information I have or are given I'm still driving a seven year old passatt and live in a semi detached house juggling money to keep afloat .

Comment

its entirely up to each individual if they want to wait 18 months for a cue, but it wont stop me calling them a sandwich short of a picnic

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    its entirely up to each individual if they want to wait 18 months for a cue, but it wont stop me calling them a sandwich short of a picnic
                    Well call me a sandwich short of a picnic lol. I waited over a year for my Trevor white, almost 2 years for my JPU and I've been waiting almost 9 months for my Stamford series 1 which should be ready soon. Also I'm trying to place an order for a handmade cue by Dave Coutts even if I have to wait 18-24 months. Check your pm, email and whatsapp please Dave
                    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Happy Easter!!!

Comment

9 months for Stamford one series? They're usually better than that on dates.
                        Always a pleasure

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                          Well call me a sandwich short of a picnic lol. I waited over a year for my Trevor white, almost 2 years for my JPU and I've been waiting almost 9 months for my Stamford series 1 which should be ready soon. Also I'm trying to place an order for a handmade cue by Dave Coutts even if I have to wait 18-24 months. Check your pm, email and whatsapp please Dave
                          are we saying you will have waited 6 years for a snooker cue that you are still not happy with?

Comment

Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
                            9 months for Stamford one series? They're usually better than that on dates.
                            I was quoted 7-8 months when I ordered at the end of July so it's been almost 9 months already

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              are we saying you will have waited 6 years for a snooker cue that you are still not happy with?
                              6 years?? Still not happy with?? I'm happy with all the cues in my collection thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X