Black ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bradwight View Post
    I might be wrong but this is my understanding of how blackspin works (cross-section) not to scale!
    http://s938.photobucket.com/user/w1g...fb138.jpg.html

Also, Dean, I've just realised I completely forgot to send that stuff. Will get it in the post on Tuesday!
    Very clever Brad, you have the gold star so far, I reckon you could be right if the ferrule has to fit around the tip as well , although would it not make the walls very fragile?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Very clever Brad, you have the gold star so far, I reckon you could be right if the ferrule has to fit around the tip as well , although would it not make the walls very fragile?
      I suppose it would depend on how thin the ferrule skirt is. If it's very strong material it could be wafer thin itself. I'm only speculating, would be very interested to see what one looks like for real. We need a snooker playing doctor to x-ray or MRI scan their Wooldridge cue!

Comment

Originally Posted by bradwight View Post
        Would be helpful if someone would get one fitted then chop it in half. Now which member likes chopping up expensive custom 'handmade' cues.... Ha ha.
        I know one
        Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
        Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
        https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
        S36 1LB

Comment

I know someone who made a 147 break, last week. (With Mikes black legend). maybe he can tell us more about black FRL. (He is a member of this forum).

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
            I know one
            Andy, I still feel your pain over that incident ...

Comment

Originally Posted by mempes View Post
              I know someone who made a 147 break, last week. (With Mikes black legend). maybe he can tell us more about black FRL. (He is a member of this forum).
              I hope you can persuade him to give his opinion on it, that would be great, it might end up in the long run just like a lot of things, some will love it and some will not, just the way we are I suppose , you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Comment

Indeed mate. Willie Smith was the first player to use a brass ferrule, this old article mentions the reasons for its invention and the hostile reception it received... until he broke records and won the World Champs on both occasions he entered and the whole world eventually followed suit!
                http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/newspap...3-1.2.150.aspx

Comment

I hope you can persuade him to give his opinion on it, that would be great, it might end up in the long run just like a lot of things, some will love it and some will not, just the way we are I suppose , you can't please all of the people all of the time.
                  was'nt his own cue mate, Every time he comes to visit us, he plays with my brother's cue. I can'nt ask him either because he left last week. maybe he sees us here. Ramon, you'r opinion about black FRL please? are you listening? Hello??

Comment

was'nt his own cue mate, Every time he comes to visit us, he plays with my brother's cue. I can'nt ask him either because he left last week. maybe he sees us here. Ramon, you'r opinion about black FRL please? are you listening? Hello??
                    Right I'm not liking this fella already, swans in and out onto a strange table with someone else's cue and makes a 147, what the hell does he think he's doing lol, that is fantastic, I think it just shows it's nothing to do with tables and pockets and cues, and ferrules and tips, it's all about talent and ability and practice hours, he sounds like some player.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                      I know one
                      Hi andy so what is your thoughts of these black ferrules do they do what they claim to do?

Comment

Tony Wilshaw also uses a black ferrule, and it also suppose it help the deflection

Comment

Right I'm not liking this fella already, swans in and out onto a strange table with someone else's cue and makes a 147, what the hell does he think he's doing lol, that is fantastic, I think it just shows it's nothing to do with tables and pockets and cues, and ferrules and tips, it's all about talent and ability and practice hours, he sounds like some player.
                          if you wanna ask me, this fella was born on a snooker table. One crazy Sharp snooker player. was'nt first time he plays with this cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by ClutchShooter View Post
                            Tony Wilshaw also uses a black ferrule, and it also suppose it help the deflection
                            Are you sure ? never seen one by him

Comment

fibre ferrules def reduce cue ball deflection. but they also make playing of the cush slightly iffi

Comment

if you wanna ask me, this fella was born on a snooker table. One crazy Sharp snooker player. was'nt first time he plays with this cue.
                                Well, as far as I know, I was born in the hospital!!!!!! haha,,,,
                                Black FRL: in my opinion, gives the player the opportunity to develop more spin with CB.
                                Especially when he plays SCW back shots. Of course, that's also easier with MW cues. Because they are perfectly balanced.
                                Does that work for everyone? I do'nt know. Some players can play very well with it and some do'nt.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Most importantly, is the technique, and the cue action of the player. If you have a wrong cue action, it does'nt matter whether you play with Black FRL OF Mike's cues or black FRL of God himself!!!!!!!!!!
                                Snooker cue is something personal.
                                How the black FRL works? Or how it is made​​? THAT is a very good question for a good cuemaker like Mike or Andy ......
                                Say hello to your brother for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X