Black ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black ferrule

Hi guys was wondering what's the thoughts on getting a black ferrule fitted is it a good thing or are the brass ferrules just as good ? Does it do as they say it does ?

Mask it up and paint it to give it a try. If its not for you its easily removed with a bit of wire wool
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

If you're referring to Mike Wooldridge's blackspin ferrule, I found it drastically reduced throw off while playing UK pool. Almost impossible to swerve the cue ball. No idea what it's like with heavier snooker balls though.

Comment

I should know soon enough... Got one on order (MW cue)
        James lovell

Comment

Originally Posted by bradwight View Post
          If you're referring to Mike Wooldridge's blackspin ferrule, I found it drastically reduced throw off while playing UK pool. Almost impossible to swerve the cue ball. No idea what it's like with heavier snooker balls though.
          Thanks so my thoughts are if u hit cue ball and you hit unwanted side by not sticking cue ball will it straighten the Wight ball ?

Comment

To an extent yes. Cue ball will still have side on it so wont help your positional play, always better to practice consistent cueing rather than rely on technology to help.

Another point: blackspins are more prone to being damaged than brass as I found out when I accidentally shut my wooden cue case in my cue tip! Oops...

Comment

Well i love my black ferrule as it got me my highest break of 64 (so far)

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Well i love my black ferrule as it got me my highest break of 64 (so far)
                So what is difference from brass ferrule ? Does it just deflect the side ?

Comment

No idea mate, better read Mike's website, i ain't good enough to notice the difference, looks cool and something obviously works, that will do me

Comment

So is there Eny other cue makers that do these ferrules or just mike ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                      So is there Eny other cue makers that do these ferrules or just mike ?
                      It's not just a ferrule... Read here: http://www.handmadecues.com/2-Cues/41-blackspin.htm
                      James lovell

Comment

Originally Posted by jlowap View Post
                        It's not just a ferrule... Read here: http://www.handmadecues.com/2-Cues/41-blackspin.htm
                        Yes a get what mike is saying a core inside cue but it could just be a plastic ferrule that goes ofer the inside wall of the cue ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                          Yes a get what mike is saying a core inside cue but it could just be a plastic ferrule that goes ofer the inside wall of the cue ?
                          as in the resin ones the American pool players have been using for years?
                          so you main question is, is resin/plastic better than brass?
                          also see Stamford as they have a resin/plastic" ferrule option

edit, just checked their website but cant find the ferrule option, the new website does not include it anymore...
                          Last edited by DeanH; 18 April 2014, 06:57 PM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I got Richie MacDonald to fit his version of a Black ferrule to both my Snooker Cue and my Pool, It was really good on my Pool Cue, But did not like it on my Snooker Cue. Sold the Pool Cue, Keep meaning to contact him to do another for me:snooker:

Comment

Yes dean if it's plastic or resin is it simply just a ferrule or does it have sum small V shape at bottom of the ferrule that gets ether screwed into top of the wall after it gets threaded before it gets put on ? So bottom of ferrule would be flat with a V shape on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X