My Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Cue

Ok, This is actually the first time i have ever posted in a forum with my Cue, due that am to shy of what others have better.
    this can be called a beginners cue as it only cost me 900 Baht (Thailand) woopping 17 Pounds.

All I can say, its straight, weights i cant say. length 57".
    The Balance (on the Cloth hanger) just in the right place. There was also this horrible lacquer that I removed by sanding it with 340, 600 and 800 grit paper and then Newspaper. (read it some were in the Internet.) Still want to put on a coating to get all the little holes covered but still don't know what to use.

Finally the tip is Elkmaster (Hard)

Q: I cant really find out what wood was used tho.

PS: It says John Parris but i am sure that can't be true.
    IMG_20140419_162730.jpg
    IMG_20140419_161211.jpg
    IMG_20140419_161530.jpg
    IMG_20140419_161543.jpg
    IMG_20140419_161609.jpg

Some more pics
    IMG_20140419_161626.jpgIMG_20140419_162035.jpgIMG_20140419_162051.jpg

Comment

A very good cue for £17. Looks nice and straight. And no. It's not a John Parris.

Comment

Originally Posted by Q: I cant really find out what wood was used tho.

PS: It says John Parris but i am sure that can't be true.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG
        16203[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16204[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16205[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16206[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16207[/ATTACH]

Ash cue with ebony butt and what looks like rosewood front splice over white and green veneers

Comment

Don't be shy about what cue you use or how much it costs . A lad I talk to uses a rack cue that he bought from the club for £15 . He used it one night and really liked how it played so he asked the owner if he could buy it .

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
            Don't be shy about what cue you use or how much it costs . A lad I talk to uses a rack cue that he bought from the club for £15 . He used it one night and really liked how it played so he asked the owner if he could buy it .
            Thank you. that really makes me feel better a bit. Meaning that rack cue in Europe must have a pretty good quality as the rack cues in thailand. That is one of the reasons I bought me own cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post

Ash cue with ebony butt and what looks like rosewood front splice over white and green veneers
              Thanks very much, now I can finally answer questions. Once I am getting better and have a new cue will surely choose one with better quality.

Comment

One of the best players in our club(probably top two) plays with an old centre split, painted butt, thick varnished cue he sanded back, you wouldn't have it for nothing , so really the cue doesn't matter if you like it. This lad has had Parris and cues from a few of the big makers but settled on this one.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  One of the best players in our club(probably top two) plays with an old centre split, painted butt, thick varnished cue he sanded back, you wouldn't have it for nothing , so really the cue doesn't matter if you like it. This lad has had Parris and cues from a few of the big makers but settled on this one.
                  I know a guy like that. It's really annoying when he keeps beating me with a glorified broom stick

Comment

i would leave the cue just how it is if i were you, if you strip the lac off the butt you'll change the feel and you may loose up to .3 ounces. it also may not be ebony or even a decent hard wood underneath for only 17 quid.
                    this cost me a tena and no ball is safe http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/j6uk/story/88703
                    Last edited by j6uk; 20 April 2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      i would leave the cue just how it is if i were you, if you strip the lac off the butt you'll change the feel and you may loose up to .3 ounces. it also may not be ebony or even a decent hard wood underneath for only 17 quid.
                      this cost me a tena and no ball is safe http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/j6uk/story/88703
                      Well. I got bored yesterday and thought of something really bad as the cue was sticking most of times with grains not very fine (Smooth). I sanded the whole 3/4 of the shaft also to find out it was painted black on the bottom. Took me 2 hours. Made a dark wood stain and left it for 30min. Sanded the whole shaft down again through warriors stages and oiled it at the end. I left the butt part as you said as I really did not know what it is. But am happy with the end result (grains popping dark and smooth as silk). Can't wait to try it out in the next few days.

Now I can also understand why some of the best cues are so expensive as there are so/ many stages to go through to make it a master piece.

Comment

Working...
                      X