Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mastercue mark j williams replica cue is damaged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mastercue mark j williams replica cue is damaged.

My rubber cue holder gave way and the cue went straight down to the ceramic flooring and landed in it's butt.

Now the joint on the splicing seems to gave way. The cue is 12 years old so the glue could have been weaken. Anyway to get this repaired? Thanks.

Scrape out as much of the old glue as you can,I use a small junior axe saw blade and reglue making sure you clamp well without damaging the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
      Scrape out as much of the old glue as you can,I use a small junior axe saw blade and reglue making sure you clamp well without damaging the cue.
      Thanks Jim,

I've tried using white glue a moment ago and it doesn't stick. I do no have much allowance to work with. the space is too tight and narrow.

Comment

easier is to put gel superglue in the fridge - scrape away old glue pour in new gel hold for a minute then job done!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          easier is to put gel superglue in the fridge - scrape away old glue pour in new gel hold for a minute then job done!
          Thanks for replying. Apparently the entire splice is opened. So I may not have enough time to apply super glue evenly on the entire area.

Comment

Originally Posted by jericho75 View Post
            Thanks for replying. Apparently the entire splice is opened. So I may not have enough time to apply super glue evenly on the entire area.
            that why you put it in the fridge - it will be super thin and you will have a minute or two

Comment

that why you put it in the fridge - it will be super thin and you will have a minute or two
              Thanks ADR,

So I just place normal super glue into the fridge to gel it up? Or gel super glue in the fridge to thin it up?

Comment

Originally Posted by jericho75 View Post
                Thanks ADR,

So I just place normal super glue into the fridge to gel it up? Or gel super glue in the fridge to thin it up?

Yep ......Use the Gel .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Yep ......Use the Gel .
                  thanks alot. i will try. if i can't scrape off all the old glue. will that be ok?

Comment

are these cases like mine common in older cues?

Comment

Super glues will stick it for sure, but will be a minor nightmare to clean up and refinish after.

Some decent wood glue is all that's required, especially if the whole thing closes up well just by finger pressure.

It will be far easier to refinish over it once the glue has gone off properly.

Comment

What's a rubber cue holder?

Comment

gel is better - i see that in cues all the time.

Comment

Andrew,
                            Would you recommend putting the gel superglue in the fridge and using for putting tips on? Would give more time to centre tip maybe?
                            Thanks.
                            The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                              Andrew,
                              Would you recommend putting the gel superglue in the fridge and using for putting tips on? Would give more time to centre tip maybe?
                              Thanks.
                              no it will be too runny.

Comment

Working...
                              X