Glue on ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue on ferrule

Just retyped my cue and was a bit over zealous on the glue. some has spilled on the sides on the ferrule. I'm sure there's no effect on the cue but it seems a tad annoying and would like to get it off. any tips on removing the excess glue on the ferrule walls without damaging the ferrule?

thanks

Pick it off nice and easy with a Stanley knife then shine up your ferrule with some fine steel wool, mind and not touch the wood.

Comment

The flat back of the Stanley blade can chip the glue off but often it can mark the ferrule, as will wirewool but the glue will come off.
      So if need be I use the back of blade and then repolish with very fine wirewool
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i managed to pick 90% of the glue off andy. thanks for the tip. i used one of those arts and crafts blades that is very sharp and picked it off carefully. the fact that the blade was very sharp allowed me to get right under the glue and it just peeled off nicely then polished with wire wool and now looks very nice.

Comment

nail polish remover takes it off ferrule and cue, then work it in with a cotton wool bud, and then 00 wire wool

Comment

Always put a little tape around the ferrule before fitting a new tip then the glue wont get on the ferrule.
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Just did the same thing. Thanks for the advice all.

Comment

Working...
              X