cue lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
    A record wood lathe which fits on bars give you whatever length of lathe you want but you need at last one steady will allow Most work on a cue.
    That's what I used Jim, still lying about in bits somewhere. Maybe see if it still works.

Comment

U can view my lathe on my Facebook page zakiercues .I will be adding more pictures . U could also check cue smith lathe website.they ship all over the world.where in Sa u based?

Comment

I have a possible lathe that I will be checking out later
        Last edited by sanman; 22 May 2014, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by zak187 View Post
          U can view my lathe on my Facebook page zakiercues .I will be adding more pictures . U could also check cue smith lathe website.they ship all over the world.where in Sa u based?
          can up post a link please
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
            I have a possible lathe that I will be checking out later
            good luck, let us know how it goes
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by zak187 View Post
              The cue smith lathes aren't particularly good for heavy duty work and they cost a fortune

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                The cue smith lathes aren't particularly good for heavy duty work and they cost a fortune
                they look good. you could make a proper cue lathe specific to your own needs for half the price

Comment

I really just dont have the time seeing as I do have a day job and travel a lot. Making my own lathe is therefore not a viable option for me as this cue making lark is a weekend thing.

Comment

i have a small band saw and a bed sander but i stopped there as far as machines go. i made a conscious decision to throw myself into getting hold of and understanding the wood in every way i could. i remember someone say 'think wood, wood, its all about the wood.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      i have a small band saw and a bed sander but i stopped there as far as machines go. i made a conscious decision to throw myself into getting hold of and understanding the wood in every way i could. i remember someone say 'think wood, wood, its all about the wood.
                      That's all I have at the minute, but on the lookout for a lathe. As missed out on a couple this year

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                      I really just dont have the time seeing as I do have a day job and travel a lot. Making my own lathe is therefore not a viable option for me as this cue making lark is a weekend thing.
                      I can't find the thread but quite a while ago I think MW was offering a custom cue lathe service

Comment

I imported a taig lathe with large 45mm bore from USA. It did cist a fair amount but as it was for my loft. It had to be light weight. This lathe is easily portable and could be taken to events to do on site repair work.
                        Great little machine.
                        Go on taig lathes.
                        Big machines are better but cist a lot too and are
                        very heavy.
                        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

May I ask you if you would be kind enough to post some pics of it here. Also what model and what did it cost u. Most that I see for sale have a 20 mm bore.

Comment

Working...
                          X