Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue tip press ??

Greetings all,
    Just thought I would share this with the group,I have just received one of these devices and I was very impressed with the build quality and the value for money is exceptional IMO.
    It produces a nicely domed tip, I am just going through the process of compressing tips ( Elks ) to varying degrees to see what my preference is.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330896977...84.m1497.l2649

The postage/handling fee from China to Australia was $4.00 !!!, This should send a wake up call to traders who are over charging in this area.
    " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Well I wish I knew about this before I bought one from chesworth cues for £40

Comment

let us know how you find it across the process and what results you get.
      so in your tests are you doing varying pressure and varying time, etc.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Had one of these now for well over 10 months and it's not an exact science its one that you have to try and gauge for yourself as to how hard you want it. For me i press the tip to half it's size and i make sure i use soft elks. and i have a very consistent tip that's been on for a good 3 months without to much re shaping

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          let us know how you find it across the process and what results you get.
          so in your tests are you doing varying pressure and varying time, etc.
          Yes, that is the plan, I intend to note the number of twists and experiment.
          " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

just purchased one cost £8.45 nice one.

Comment

Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
              just purchased one cost £8.45 nice one.
              mine was £30 i think but the chinese ones i have seen are not the same quality.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                mine was £30 i think but the chinese ones i have seen are not the same quality.

The one's they are doing now for a tenner have been machined to a high tolerance, you can't see the join when closed, the only slight and i mean slight downside is the fact the dome inside come's to a very very slight point but that can be sorted with sandpaper.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                  The one's they are doing now for a tenner have been machined to a high tolerance, you can't see the join when closed, the only slight and i mean slight downside is the fact the dome inside come's to a very very slight point but that can be sorted with sandpaper.
                  That sounds like the one I bought, the machining on screw in section was so precise I had to lubricate the joint for it to operate smoothly. I don't have a dome issue though.
                  Anyway bang for you buck or quid is excellent.

Comment

Originally Posted by sydneygeorge View Post
                    That sounds like the one I bought, the machining on screw in section was so precise I had to lubricate the joint for it to operate smoothly. I don't have a dome issue though.
                    Anyway bang for you buck or quid is excellent.
                    No body can complain really 10.00 pound isn't really going to break the bank and it save's money from not having to constantly shape tip's. win win

Comment

Working...
                    X