Woods cues???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woods cues???

have you contacted any clubs and asked if they have any stock?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
      Not a bad cue for someone starting out the 3 star are the best bet ! however I am not sure about the ones with the square type badge where you get the whole shebang including case for a bargain price, I can only comment on the original 3 star with the round badge, after some sanding re-finishing a new tip re-oiling I turned one into a well playable cue I think the old saying "You gets what you pay for" rings true, I would go for a Machine Spliced Phoenix (Not to pricey) ok you are not getting the case and extras but its the cue that counts
      Are the butts painted or are they real ebony? I bought a cheap Chinese cue think it was ying .... something or other sold it as it was too long but the butt was painted on which I was dissapointed about but it played ok.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        have you contacted any clubs and asked if they have any stock?
        We only have one really good snooker club in Sweden and is located in Stockholm, myself, I live in Gothenburg, which is on the west coast. Stockholm East Coast. so unfortunately no.
        I've tried a Mike wooldringe cue, it was very nice but perhaps a little too expensive

Comment

Woods cues???

sometimes a Mike Wooldridge lower range or "sin bin" cue comes up for sale and they can be reasonable money.
          check the Items for sale section as IIRC there was asinbin for sale recently

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
            Are the butts painted or are they real ebony? I bought a cheap Chinese cue think it was ying .... something or other sold it as it was too long but the butt was painted on which I was dissapointed about but it played ok.
            The butts on the real 3 star round badge appear to be ebony cant vouch for the others that are on e bay. There is a guy who goes under the name of CUEDOS who sells some rather nice Woods cues on e bay

Comment

What about these as an alternative http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Piece-...item3f34d2f84a
              More examples ,there seems to be a few selling them.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Piece-Han...item338e53be3f
              Last edited by itsnoteasy; 9 May 2014, 10:14 PM.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Woods cues???

Winchester cues are Chinese made
                not saying that they good or bad just so your know
                have a search for Mastercue or Pheonix
                also have look at Green Baize (www.greenbaize.com) and call Stu Green he is great for info and assistance

Comment

I was just guessing on the budget Dean, the op asked about the cheap Woods cues so I thought they might be looking around that price range.

Comment

Woods cues???

yep very true
                    no problem
                    it is always down to budget

Comment

Aye your not wrong there. I could be wrong but at least these cues look like real wood.

Comment

also have look at Green Baize (www.greenbaize.com) and call Stu Green he is great for info and assistance

Not heard of winchester cues but did have a weischter cue think it was called. Very nice cue sold it to a member on here. Also had a 3 star woods cue. Very good value for money but most of the Chinese cues are brown ebony that is stained jet black.
                        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

I thought I might buy a peradon lazer1 one piece. I have asked a store on ebay if we could make a good deal. case included, mini butt and extension plus shipping to Sweden, we'll see what he answers?
                          Or maybe I'll buy one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2515190825...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                            Not heard of winchester cues but did have a weischter cue think it was called. Very nice cue sold it to a member on here. Also had a 3 star woods cue. Very good value for money but most of the Chinese cues are brown ebony that is stained jet black.
                            oops, yes Weichster, must have been autospell, sorry for any confusion

Comment

I emailed Stu with some specs for a cue a couple of weeks ago and never got a response. A bit surprised as he seems to have a really good reputation here.

Comment

Originally Posted by jdhag View Post
                                I emailed Stu with some specs for a cue a couple of weeks ago and never got a response. A bit surprised as he seems to have a really good reputation here.
                                He must have missed it or your email went straight to junk mail because Stu's customer service is top notch.

Comment

Working...
                                X