Woods cues???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods cues???

Does anybody have any experience with these snooker cues? http://www.woodscues.com/whole-cue-sets.html
    Is it just pure junk? or are they playable?
    Regards Ronnie

Originally Posted by ronfor0603 View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with these snooker cues? http://www.woodscues.com/whole-cue-sets.html
    Regards Ronnie
    they have had good reviews especially their 3-star cues
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

some are great for the price mate brilliant for beginners or the not so serious club player.

Comment

Regards Ronnie
        decent cue for price and very playable
        Craftsman custom made cue
        57 inches
        17 ounces
        9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
        ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

They are sold on Ebay, but I get a little suspicious when I look at that little round tray at the bottom of the queue (I do not know how to say it in English) but you know what I mean maybe?
          the logo on ebay dont look the same as that of Woods cues homepage.....Fake???

Comment

which ebay page? copy the url from the address bar so we can have a look for you
            me too slow again

The round disc on the ones from the ebay I think are the older round disc badge, or maybe they are the new design for the Woods starting range, or they could be fakes as you say, hopefully someone else will confirm this.
            The rectangle plate in the "whole-cue-sets" you linked to I would say is their definite starting range.

Hopefully someone with more definite knowledge can help.
            Last edited by DeanH; 9 May 2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Damn I'm so bad at computers :-( do not know how to do it?
              But I might take a gamble and buy one :-)

Comment

Does it work?

Comment

the links worked fine.

Comment

****! Lost both bidding :-( well,well maby better luck next time. I would really like a one piece cue.

Comment

They are sold on Ebay, but I get a little suspicious when I look at that little round tray at the bottom of the queue (I do not know how to say it in English) but you know what I mean maybe?
                      the logo on ebay dont look the same as that of Woods cues homepage.....Fake???
                      That's the badge Ronfor, they have different ranges of cues ,the ones on eBay are their cheapest, then two star, three star, and now I think they have a five star cue, could be wrong there though.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Regards Ronnie
                        Not a bad cue for someone starting out the 3 star are the best bet ! however I am not sure about the ones with the square type badge where you get the whole shebang including case for a bargain price, I can only comment on the original 3 star with the round badge, after some sanding re-finishing a new tip re-oiling I turned one into a well playable cue I think the old saying "You gets what you pay for" rings true, I would go for a Machine Spliced Phoenix (Not to pricey) ok you are not getting the case and extras but its the cue that counts

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                          Not a bad cue for someone starting out the 3 star are the best bet ! however I am not sure about the ones with the square type badge where you get the whole shebang including case for a bargain price, I can only comment on the original 3 star with the round badge, after some sanding re-finishing a new tip re-oiling I turned one into a well playable cue I think the old saying "You gets what you pay for" rings true, I would go for a Machine Spliced Phoenix (Not to pricey) ok you are not getting the case and extras but its the cue that counts
                          Agree with "you get what you pay for" as the ultimate JP is well worth £1.5k ):

Comment

Thanks for all your replies, really appreciated. It is difficult to buy a snooker cue in Sweden. We do not have the same tradition as you Englishman have, therefore, we have no shops or cue makers where you can try out something you really like, you have to buy on gut feeling. But I'll find something I like at some point, can get a little expensive until I find something though :-)

But I'm quite sure I want a one piece anyway.

Again, thanks for all the helpful replies. The hunt continues .......

Comment

Working...
                            X